Woodsy Winter Scene
Woodsy Winter Scene
Other Products: Ranger Archival ink Cornflower Blue, Hot glue gun, Double sided tape, Card board (as in, an empty cereal box), Fussy cutting scissors, White card stock, Silver card stock, Foam inking tools
For more tips on creating with the Festive Winterscapes Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/3K3j7I16JBI.
For more tips on creating with the Candlelit Christmas collection, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/PJeFD_d3AiM.
Instructions: This project measures 5 1/4” x 4 1/4” (13.2cm x 11cm) when finished. To make the snow globe card base, use the white card stock and the snow globe die cut two outer shapes. Taking the scor-pal make a fold at the top of the globe on one of the die cuts for the fold. Apply double sided tape to this then adhere the two die cuts together. This will form your tent fold globe base. Using the silver card stock and x4 pieces of card board, die cut the snow globe frame and inner circle to make a globe with a hole in it. Adhere all together, then adhere this to the globe card front with the clear drying glue. Find the sheet 1B in the paper collection and die cut the inner circle from this paper, the sky and stars should be showing once it is adhered in the globe ready to be embellished. Die cut with the silver cardstock the embellishment in the globe foot. Die cut also x4 from the cardboard. Adhere together then cut in half. Adhere one half to each side of the globe above the globe foot so this will peep out under the leaves later.
To add the glass snow on the outside of the globe, apply an ample amount of clear drying glue to the outside edge to the globe then dip this into the shaved glass. While the glue is drying make the embellishments. Stamp, colour and die cut the following. The trees, x3. The colours used for the trees are leaf green, olive and sepia. The leaves in the trees are highlighted with the crystal lacquer. The deer, x2 stamped and x4 from cardboard. The colour used is sepia and finished with the crystal lacquer. The leaves, x2, the colour used is leaf green and finished again with the crystal lacquer. The poinsettias, each flower has 3 layers. For this card, x6 lager sized petals and x3 smaller sized petals. The colours used are leaf green and corn flower blue. Once they have been shaped with the matching flower mold and adhered together, clear drying glue is applied with the hydra sponge and then dipped into the glitter. Once the glitter is dry and excess tapped away, glue is applied to the flower centre then the prills are sprinkled onto the glue. Once the glue has dried the flower is tapped so the excess prills will come away. Now they can be adhered to the project.
Adhere all the embellishments to the globe as shown using clear drying glue and the hot glue gun. When adhering the flowers, the smallest flower goes to the centre of the globe foot then one to each side of this. The leaves are placed to each side of the flowers.
- Festive Winterscapes Paper Collection HCDP1-2118$24.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Paper Pack of 10 - White HCPP1-438-2$6.99Out of stock
- Woodsy Winterscapes Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3922$19.99
- Woodsy Winterscapes Die HCD1-7312$29.99
- Festive Winterscapes Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3921$19.99
- Festive Winterscapes Die HCD1-7311$29.99
- Christmas Poinsettia & Holly Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3881$19.99
- Christmas Poinsettia & Holly Die HCD1-7249$29.99
- 3D Christmas Poinsettia Shaping Mold HCFB1-478$29.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sepia RACP505$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Lettuce Entertain You Prills ANC814$5.99
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer 4 oz 3D1844$6.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99
- Krystallos Shard Glass 1 oz. 901$9.99Discontinued)
- Fantastix Blending Tool 247027$4.99Out of stock
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 6 HCDA1-449$14.99