Winter Wreath with owls
Card size is 4 3/4 x 6”. Cut cream cardstock to 9 1/2 x 6, score at 4 3/4”. Cut plaid paper from sheet 11A of paper collection, to 4 3/8 x 5 5/8”, then yellow paper from sheet 10A, to 4 3/16 x 5 3/8”. Adhere together using Dries clear adhesive, then diecut octagon opening using small plain die from HCD1-7369. Stamp sentiment as shown using Light House ink. Use this as a template to mark on your cream card front where you want to diecut it, die cut using same octagon die, then fold card base. Diecut intricate center from same die set onto cream cardstock and adhere on the inside of card. Die cut four Octagon frames using the 5th & 6th largest dies from HCD-7367 Simple Centerpiece die set, adhere these together for a thicker frame. Apply a light touch of sepia ink onto the edges, then apply Dries Clear glue onto a hydra sponge to apply Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear onto frame for a fun sparkly affect. Adhere onto opening on card base.
Using the HCD1-7375 Seasonal wreath die, diecut the wreath base using the soft green paper from sheet 10A of paper collection and then a second one using the leafy background panel from the same sheet. Layer these two together using foam dots with the soft green base as your top layer. Next, diecut the leafy holly layer from same die set using dark green paper, sheet 10B of paper collection. Layer this onto wreath base using foam adhesive. Die cut the small bow outline die from kraft paper and the thin bow accent using the Luxe Gold cardstock, adhere together and adhere this onto wreath using a thick foam dot. Finally from same die set, diecut 2 sets of the pine accents using Luxe Gold cardstock.
Stamp the images onto white cardstock. From HCPC-3967 Winter wreath accents, stamp 2 sets of the holly leaves and 2 sets of the pine boughs using Library Green ink. Stamp the berry sprig and berry cluster using sepia ink, x3. From HCPC-3966 Autumn Wreath Accents, stamp the owl in sepia ink as well. Diecut all images with their coordinating dies.
Use Stack and Store daubers along with the following inks to color the images. For the holly leaves use a combination of Vivid Chartreuse, Leaf Green and Olive inks. Use Olive and Library Green for the pine boughs. Color two of each of the berries using Light House ink, and the remaining berry set in Sunflower ink. For the owls you’ll want to apply Sepia and a soft touch of Sunflower ink. Shape all images using Deluxe Flower Shaping kit. If desired use scissors to add fine snips into the sides of pine boughs for a needled affect. Cut apart images as needed and start layering the images on wreath base, tucking some images behind the leafy holly layer and some images on top to create a nice full look, securing with hot glue. Add the small gold pine accents as shown on the wreath, adhere the owls on the back side of wreath with foam adhesive. Apply touches of Dries Clear glue and sprinkle with Poupon glitter for a fine glittered affect, then tap off.
Other Products: Cream cardstock, white cardstock, Poupon glitter, hot glue, foam adhesive, score pal measuring and scoring board, scissors, paper trimmer, funnel tray, acrylic block, die cutting machine
- Seasonal Wreath Die HCD1-7375$29.99
- Winter Wreath Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3967$19.99
- Winter Wreath Accents Die HCD1-7374$29.99
- Autumn Wreath Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3966$19.99
- Autumn Wreath Accents Die HCD1-7373$29.99
- Seasonal Wreath Paper Collection HCDP1-2132$24.99
- Simple Centerpiece Die HCD1-7367$29.99
- Elegant Hearts Centerpiece Die HCD1-7369$29.99
- For My Friend Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3844$19.99
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Paper Pack of 10 - Kraft HCPP1-438-3$6.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vivid Chartreuse RACP531$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Library Green RACP475$8.99Discontinued)
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Light House RACP771$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sunflower RACP005$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sepia RACP505$8.99
- Double Dots 100pc. -3D Foam Circles DDOTS$4.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99Out of stock
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99