Window Framed Asters
Other Products: Light purple cardstock, deep purple cardstock, green cardstock, white cardstock, hot glue, hot glue gun, dimensional adhesive, paper trimmer, scissors, die cutting machine, , funnel tray,
For more tips on creating with the Window Scene cards & dies, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/LnM95GR92ao.
For more tips on creating with the Wild Aster Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/1mriCKqh-Ac.
Instructions: Click here to view another photo of this gorgeous project. Use the round card base from HCCB1-481 6" x 6" Round Bi-fold Card set. Use from the HCD1-7272 Rounded Sunlight Window Die to diecut a window opening on the left side of front card fold. Diecut two coordinating shades of purple paper from the Wild Aster paper collection, to fit around window openings as shown. Sponge the edges with Cactus Flower ink and layer onto card. Diecut a light purple window panel, sponge edges with same ink and attach on the back side of front fold. Using the same die set, diecut the circle from the light green aster patterned paper. Cut the circle in half with a paper trimmer and sponge edges with Leaf Green ink. Use the HCD1-7274 Rounded Lattice Window Die to diecut the eyelet edges half moon circle from white cardstock. Trim the straight edge border. Use from the HCD1-7273 Rounded Eyelet Window Die to diecut the open eyelet half moon circle from white cardstock. Use the paper trimmer to trim off excess edge from straight edge, and then use a scissors to trim off the outer circle border. Sponge the straight edge with Leaf Green ink. Layer these pieces onto the front of card as pictured. Diecut two circles from the Window Scenes paper collection. Sponge the edges with Cactus Flower ink and attach to the inside and back fold of card.
Stamp the large set and small of asters 3x from HCPC-3887 Wild Aster Cling Stamp Set in Cactus Flower ink onto deep purple cardstock and diecut with coordinating dies. Repeat these steps using light purple cardstock. Now stamp the leaf 3x and small set of asters 3x in Emerald Green ink onto green cardstock and diecut with coordinating dies. Stamp the leaf 2x in Leaf Green ink onto white cardstock and diecut with coordinating die. Stamp the aster spray from HCPC-3888 Wild Aster Spray Cling Stamp Set in Cactus Flower and Leaf Green ink onto white cardstock and diecut with coordinating dies. Diecut two coordinating hinge pieces from the HCD1-7285 Window Hinges Die in white cardstock. Use from the HCD1-7203 Ornamental Tags Die to diecut two small tags from the Wild Aster paper collection.
Use the Stack and Store daubers to color the images. You will need 3 of the largest deep purple aster and 2 small. You’ll need 3 of the second largest light purple aster, 3 of the third smallest, 1 second smallest, and 1 small. Sponge the centers of asters with Cactus Flower ink. Lightly sponge the small green asters with Emerald Green ink in the centers, and on the green leaves too. Use the Cactus Flower and Leaf Green on the aster spray and leaf. Sponge the hinge pieces, one with Cactus Flower and the other with Leaf Green ink.
Shape the asters and leaves with the stylus from Deluxe Flower Shaping kit. Assemble the asters together as pictured. Shape 2 of the small asters into bud form, and pair with green aster for a realistic bud look. Pierce a hole through the centers, and thread purple stamen through, attaching with hot glue. Attach everything onto card as shown. Dab some Dries White glue onto a sponge, lightly apply over asters and leaves, sprinkle with Rajni Chawla’s Frosting Powder and tap off. Use the Dries Clear glue along with Crystal glitter over rest of card as desired. Use Dries Clear glue to add prills to the centers of asters.
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Designer Dries White Adhesive 159951$7.99
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Gilt Trip Prills ANC805$5.99
- Rock N' Roll Prills - 12 Pack ANC851$65.98
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive Refill 8 oz. DDC08$14.99
- 6" x 6" Round Bi-Fold Card - White HCCB1-481$10.99
- Ornamental Tags Die HCD1-7203$29.99
- Wild Aster Die HCD1-7257$29.99
- Wild Aster Spray Die HCD1-7258$29.99
- Rounded Sunlight Window Die HCD1-7272$34.99
- Rounded Eyelet Window Die HCD1-7273$34.99
- Rounded Lattice Window Die HCD1-7274$34.99
- Window Hinges Die HCD1-7285$29.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Wild Aster Paper Collection HCDP1-2106$24.99
- Window Scenes Paper Collection HCDP1-2109$24.99Discontinued)
- Wild Aster Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3887$19.99
- Wild Aster Spray Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3888$19.99
- Assorted Bead Stamens-Medium HCS1-459-3$19.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Rajni Chawla's Frosting Powder PGM15016$12.99Out of stock
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Emerald Green RACP447$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Cactus Flower RACP985$8.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00