Thoughts and Prayers Easel
Other Products: London Fog Memento Ink, White Cardstock, Purple Cardstock, lavender cardstock, foam tape, Copic Markers: YG11, YG05, YG07, E53, E33, E35, B21, B41, B45, RV10, E50, C1, C3, C5, white colored pencil, Fun Foam
For more tips on creating with the Cascading Petals Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/DqhvfrsTI00.
For more tips on creating with the Window Scene cards & dies, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/LnM95GR92ao.
Instructions: Click here to view another photo of this project. Card size: 6 x 6”. Start with the Bi-Fold card base. Cut circle using the Rounded Sunlight outer die for the front and for the inside of card using a piece of lavender decorative paper. Score and fold the center circle, then glue left side circle to just the bottom half of center circle (This forms the easel). Cut the outer circle of the Rounded Window Frame die out of purple then use the 2 half circles of the Sunlight die to cut out the center. Cut off piece in the center that is left then glue to the outer edge of the card front. Die cut 2 lavender decorative circles (the next size down) from the Rounded Window Die. Glue one to the front and one inside. Sponge the edges of card with Deep Purple.
Die cut a purple inner door from the French Doorway Die, cut a back for it from white. Lightly sponge purple on the door then glue it to the center of the card front.
Stamp, sponge and die cut the Wisteria blossoms in Cactus Flower, Majestic Violet and Deep Purple. Stamp 2 vines, the vine with 6 wisteria shoots and the bird facing left using London Fog. Die cut and color with Copics.
To decorate: Determine the center when easel is propped open then make sure you glue everything straight so that it looks good when recipient opens and displays your card. Glue the bird toward the bottom right side and pop up the bird itself. Glue one vine to each side then glue the vine with hanging wisteria at the top. Form some of the blossoms into flowers with 2 blossoms for each one, add Prills in the centers then glue to stamped flowers on the bird image. Add more flowers to go partly up vines. For the wisteria: Use the Groove Tool to make each petal curve. Use a lavender beaded stamen to thread blossoms together, put a tiny bead or a drop of glue to separate each blossom on the stamen. (See photos on my blog for a detail of this.) When each Wisteria shoot is between 1” and 1 1/2" then set aside to dry completely. Once dry, snip off excess wire and glue one to each of the stamped hanging wisteria at the top of card.
Stamp the sentiment using Deep Purple on white then die cut with the small oval. Die cut a mat with purple. Die cut a piece of Fun Foam with the same oval as mat. Glue the layers together then glue to the spot on the inside of card which best props the card open. This sample has the popped up oval close to the bottom of the lavender solid part of the circle. Add one flower to the oval.
Randomly glitter card and glitter all flowers. Gloss all the leaves.
- Wisteria Petals Die HCD1-7295$29.99
- Cascading Wisteria Die HCD1-7296$29.99
- Floral Song Die HCD1-7297$29.99
- Wisteria Petals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3911$19.99
- Cascading Wisteria Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3912$19.99
- Floral Song Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3913$19.99
- Cascading Petals Paper Collection HCDP1-2115$24.99
- French Doorway Die HCD1-7292$29.99Out of stock
- Rounded Sunlight Window Die HCD1-7272Special Price $31.49 Regular Price $34.99
- Rounded Window Frame Die HCD1-7271Special Price $31.49 Regular Price $34.99
- Eyelet Oval & Basics Small Die HCD1-7156$29.99
- Cheerful Note Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3848$19.99
- 6" x 6" Round Bi-Fold Card - White HCCB1-481Special Price $9.89 Regular Price $10.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Cactus Flower RACP985$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Majestic Violet RACP494$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Deep Purple RACP430$8.99
- Ribbit Prills ANC825$5.99
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer 4 oz 3D1844$6.99