Swirling Asters Folio
Swirling Asters Folio
Other Products: Smooth White Cardstock, Die-cutting machine, Score Board, Sharp Scissors, Double-sided tape
Instructions: For the card base, I have used a 5" by 7" white Gateway Fold Card. Ink all the front edges of the card using French Ultramarine Archival ink to match the designer paper collection. Next, choose the paper from the Floral Shoppe Paper Collection. Cut three pieces using the outermost die from the Elegant Swirl Gateway Die set and layer them on the card front and the inside panels of the inked card base.
Next, cut 3 pieces of fancy gates from the Elegant Swirl Gateway Die using white cardstock and 3 pieces of the same die from Luxe Gold cardstock. Glue one golden die-cut to each of the white die-cut, little off center from the back to create a shadow. Prepare three sets and layer them using foam tape on all the three panels as shown. Also, add a golden gate as an extra accent to the white gate.
Cut one centerpiece and two bottom pieces from the Scalloped Flourish Gateway Die set using white cardstock and add shadows using the die-cut from Luxe Gold cardstock. Add solid pieces using the same die to all the three pieces. Layer the centerpiece on the front panel and bottom both pieces on the inside panel creating the pocket.
For Blue Asters, stamp a couple of petals from Wild Aster Cling Stamp Set using French Ultramarine Archival Ink and cut them using the coordinating die. Color the petals using the same ink and shape them using golf groove tools. Create one large, 3 medium, and one small-sized Aster. Complete the flowers by adding the prills in the centers.
For the leaves, stamp the leaves from Large Floral Urn Cling Stamp Set using Olive green Archival ink on Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper, paint them using Leaf Green and Olive Green, and cut them using the coordinating die set. Shape the leaves using Golf Groove Tools. Stamp tiny flowers from the same stamp set using Sunflower Archival ink and color the centers with the same ink. Cut the flowers with the coordinating die set and shape them using Golf Groove tools. Add prills to their centers and discard the stem.
For the foliage, stamp a couple of images from Floral Shoppe Fillers Cling Stamp Set using French Ultramarine blue, Leaf Green, and Olive Green Archival ink and cut them using the coordinating die set. Shape them a little with the ball tool and dab a little glue that dries clear. Sprinkle Blue Suede Shoes Prills and dust extras in the funnel tray.
Cascading Wisterias are first stamped with Cactus Flower Archival ink, cut with it’s coordinating die, and then colored using the same ink. Once all colored these are shaped using Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit and add glitter balls to the centers.
Once all the elements are ready, assemble the card as shown and finish the card by adding the sentiment tags cut from the same paper collection using Ticket and Tag Die.
- Large Floral Urn Die HCD1-7329$29.99Out of stock
- Large Floral Urn Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3931$19.99Out of stock
- Floral Shoppe Fillers Die HCD1-7331$29.99Out of stock
- Floral Shoppe Fillers Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3933$19.99
- Floral Shoppe Paper Collection HCDP1-2122$24.99
- Scalloped Flourish Gateway Die HCD2-7325$34.99
- Elegant Swirl Gateway Die HCD2-7327$34.99Out of stock
- Wild Aster Die HCD1-7257$29.99Out of stock
- Wild Aster Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3887$19.99
- Wisteria Petals Die HCD1-7295$29.99
- Wisteria Petals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3911$19.99
- 5" x 7" Gateway Fold Card - White HCCB1-495$10.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 25 - White HCPP1-468$29.99
- Ticket and Tags Die HCD1-7201$29.99
- Groove Golf Tool Set DMCT4185$35.99Out of stock
- Blue Suede Shoes Prills ANC830$5.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - French Ultramarine RACP607$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sky Blue RACP656$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Cactus Flower RACP985$8.99