Starry Night Wisteria
Other Products: Foam pads, hot glue, versafine clair black ink, clear embossing powder, 8” square white card base, 2 x diamante gems, white card
For more tips on creating with the Cascading Petals Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/DqhvfrsTI00.
Instructions: Cut a square of the striped paper from the Cascading Petals paper collection slightly smaller than the card base, edge with cactus flower ink and adhere to the card base.
Select and cut 6” square paper from the collection and die cut the decorative circle from the centre, edge the circle with cactus flower ink. Stamp the sentiment in black ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder, adhere to a white eyelet circle diecut.
Die cut 3 starry night borders and adhere these to 3 edges of the 6” square paper. Adhere the paper to the card base and add the sentiment topper to the centre using foam pads.
Stamp the cascading wisteria leaves in bamboo leaves ink onto flower shaping paper. Colour using daubers and new sprout ink and die cut. Add bamboo leaves ink to the edges of the leaves. Add a little of the cactus flower ink to the leaves to soften the colours. Spritz the reverse with water and shape using the flower shaping tools.
Stamp the petals using deep purple ink onto the flower shaping paper. Colour using magenta hue and die cut. Colour the reverse of the petals with magenta hue and edge the petals with cactus flower ink. Place the petals face down into the flower shaping mold, spritz with water and run through the diecutting machine. Finish shaping using the flower shaping tools. Create a tight bud with one set of petals, use hot glue and in centre to hold in place. Add 2 further petal sets onto this ensuring each set of petals is higher than the other – to give a layered effect. Place the bud on a glass mat and put some hot glue directly on the glass mat above the bud, push 3 sets of petals into the hot glue and position to begin creating the flower. Repeat. When cooled remove the wisteria from the glass mat, add dries clear adhesive, sprinkle with glitter, remove excess and set aside to dry.
Position the flowers and leaves around the sentiment and secure with hot glue. Add the diamante to the bottom corners of the starry night borders.
- Wisteria Petals Die HCD1-7295$29.99
- Wisteria Petals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3911$19.99
- Cascading Petals Paper Collection HCDP1-2115$24.99
- 3D Tulip Shaping Mold HCFB1-472$29.99Discontinued)
- Just For You Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3845$19.99
- Eyelet Circle & Basics Small Die HCD1-7154$29.99
- Decorative Circle Frames Die HCD2-7306$34.99
- Starry Night Decorative Die HCD1-7252$29.99Discontinued)
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Deep Purple RACP430$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Magenta Hue RACP614$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Cactus Flower RACP985$8.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Bamboo Leaves TSMP707$7.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black TSMP900$7.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - New Sprout TSMP704$7.99