Special Day Fun
Other Products: White stamping card stock, Spectrum Noir Harmony ink- Baby Blue, Olive green, Honey pot. Misti stamping tool, Foam inking tool, 3D double sided tape, 3D foam double sided tape. Hot Glue gun.
For more ideas on creating with the 5 x 7 Decorative Frame Dies, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/qdBFA5VpmSo.
For more tips on creating with the French Cottage Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/cATv3wk2_sM.
Instructions: Make a card base using the white cardstock 5 1/4” x 7 1/4”. Taking the paper from the collection, sheet 6B. Cut this a little smaller than the card base for your card front. With the baby blue ink, ink the edges of the card base and the card front. Adhere together. Taking the white card stock and the Decorative Circle Frames die set die cut the outer frame and the scalloped edged circle frame. Taking the baby blue ink and the inking tool, ink the edges of both frames. Adhere the frames to the card base using the 3D foam dots or tape.
To make all the embellishments for this card: Taking the sentiment stamp, stamp the sentiment using the sepia ink. Trim the card stock to a banner then ink the edges with Olive green, put aside for later. Taking the white cardstock, the stamp and dies for the bike, also for the flowers and leaves. (the flowers and leaves are stamped with the library green ink) Stamp and colour one bike but die cut x5 extra bikes so you can layer these. The colours used for the bike are: Light Blue 036, Light Grey 091, and Beige 072. For the flowers and leaves, stamp, colour and die cut: x5 leaves, small sized flowers and x4 larger sized flowers. The colours used for the flowers are: Baby blue, Honey pot. The leaves: Olive green.
To make the leaves and flowers: To bring shape to the leaves and flowers run these through the machine using the matching 3D shaping molds listed. The flowers have two layers. Make a hole in the flower centre using the sharp end of the golf flower shaping tool. Cut the stamens in half and thread x5 in the smaller flower centre and secure the stamen ends at the back with the hot glue gun. Do the same to the larger flower but using x9 stamens for this. Once the hot glue has cooled apply a little clear drying glue to the petals with the aid of a hydra sponge. Dip the flowers into the glitter and out aside to dry. Do the same with the leaves. Once the glue has dried you can tap the flower and leaves to loosen any excess glitter. Trim away the ends of the stamens and apply the hot glue to this so they will be secure. Now they are ready to adhere to the card front.
Adhere the bike to the card front using 3D foam dots and clear drying glue. Adhere x3 flowers to the back of the bike. Arrange the remaining 4 flowers and the leaves to the right of the lace circle frame. Taking the banner, make a curve in the banner then adhere in place.
- Decorative Circle Frames Die HCD2-7306$34.99
- Cottage Lifestyle Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3910$19.99
- Cottage Lifestyle Die HCD1-7294$29.99
- French Cottage Paper Collection HCDP1-2114$24.99
- Large 3D Wild Rose Shaping Mold HCFB1-487$29.99
- Large Wild Rose Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3907$19.99
- Large Wild Rose Die HCD1-7290$29.99
- Small 3D Wild Rose Shaping Mold HCFB1-486$29.99
- Small Wild Rose Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3906$19.99
- Small Wild Rose Die HCD1-7289$29.99
- Just For You Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3845$19.99
- Pastel Pearl Stamens-Medium HCS1-457-2$9.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sepia RACP505$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Library Green RACP475$8.99Discontinued)
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Groove Golf Tool Set DMCT4185$35.99Discontinued)
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive Refill 8 oz. DDC08$14.99
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - 36 Pack 478455$129.99Discontinued)