Sharing Special Tea
Other Products: London Fog Memento Die Ink Pad, Dandelion Memento Die Ink Pad, White Cardstock, Blue Cardstock, Cotton Balls, Dimensional Board, Hot Glue Gun, Die Cut Machine, Distress Ink in Worn Lipstick Seedless Preserves and Faded Jeans
For more tips on creating with the Tea Time Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/4bjPeZW_oT8.
For more tips on creating with the Cottage Garden Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/faBoB2s49RI.
Instructions: My finished card is 5” x 7”. Cut a piece of cardstock 7” x 10” and score at 5”. Fold and this makes the card base. Cut a piece of blue cardstock 4 7/8” x 6 7/8” and glue to card front. Die cut the Intricate Swirl Frame out of a piece of the paper collection and glue down to the front. Next I measured the center of the frame and cut a piece of blue cardstock sized 3 1/4” x 5 1/4” then I glued it down.
Fold a piece 5 1/2" x 14” of cardstock so it measures 5 1/2” x 7”. Using gray ink stamp the teapot onto the cardstock. Place the teapot die onto the cardstock so that part of the top is above the fold. Run this through the die cut machine which makes the base of the shaped teapot part of the card. Stamp the teapot again onto another piece of white cardstock and cut it out. This piece fits over the piece that has part of the top cut off. This makes the card look finished.
Now that the shaped card is ready to go use the Dove blending pen and various Memento Ink colors to color the teapot. Using gray ink stamp the flowers and other elements as well as the leaves and cut them out using the coordinating dies and then use Dandelion, and Bamboo Leaves to color the flower petals and leaves. Run the leaves through the die cut machine with the mold to shape then set aside to dry. Use the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit to shape the flower petals and then add prills to the centers and set aside to dry. I used London Fog Memento Ink to color the spoon and Distress inks to color the bag of tea. Once everything is dry decide on placement and glue down. I added some dimensional board behind the sign and the bag of tea.
Now that it is finished, the teapot opens up as a card and the card base opens up as well so you have lots of real estate for writing a quick message.
- Tea Time Paper Collection HCDP1-2112$24.99Out of stock
- Special Teapot Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3903$19.99Discontinued)
- Special Teapot Die HCD1-7286$29.99
- My Cup of Tea Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3904$19.99Discontinued)
- My Cup of Tea Die HCD1-7287$29.99Out of stock
- Elegant Teapot & Florals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3905$19.99
- Elegant Teapot & Florals Die HCD1-7288$29.99
- Cottage Garden Hydrangea Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3900$19.99
- Cottage Garden Hydrangea Die HCD1-7278$29.99Out of stock
- Leafy Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3835$19.99
- Leafy Accents Die HCD1-7193$29.99
- 3D Leafy Accents Shaping Mold HCFB1-467$29.99
- Intricate Swirl Frames Die HCD2-7191$34.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Lettuce Entertain You Prills ANC814$5.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Danube Blue TSMP600$7.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Bamboo Leaves TSMP707$7.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern Green RACP962$8.99