Sentiment-al Gate Fold
This gate fold front and belly band card measures 6" x 6“ when completed. Taking the white card stock make a 6“ x 6“ tent fold card base. Cut also two gate folds for the card front 6“ x 3 1/2“. Make a 1/2“ fold so each gate measures 6“ x 3“. Using the Vivid Chartreuse ink and a dauber ink the edges of the gates. Adhere these gates to the card front.
Taking the white card stock and the French Gate die, using both the two inner dies for the gates, die cut three. Use the Vivid Chartreuse ink and a dauber to bring color to the inner gates. Apply clear drying adhesive with a hydra sponge to this then sprinkle glitter over them. Put aside to dry.
To prepare all the mattings for the card: Using the outer die from the French Gate die set and the paper sheet 4A, die cut also three backgrounds. Two for the gates and one for the belly band. For the inside of the card, make a matting for the inside gates and card inside base. Adhere all in place with double sided tape or clear drying adhesive. Adhere the matting papers for the front gates in place. Adhere the glittered inner gates also in place using the clear drying adhesive.
Make the belly band by cutting white card stock 8 1/2 x 3 1/4“ and 6 1/2“ x 3 1/4“. Make a fold at the 8 1/2“ length at 1 3/4“ wrap around the card front then make a fold so the belly band will fit with a little room so you will be able to slide on and off with ease. The 6 1/2“ x 3 1/4“ card can be adhered so it will make a band. Trim shorter if needed before adhering together. Ink the front of the belly band edges with the Vivid Chartreuse ink. Adhere the matting paper in place then the glittered inner gate.
Make all the embellishments for the card starting with the inside sentiment. Taking the Vivid Chartreuse ink and the Elegant Especially For You stamp and matching die. Stamp and die cut. Die cut also three extra white card stock shapes and adhere together. Adhere to the card inside base to the left. Stamp the dragonflies and flowers onto the white card stock using the Smoky Gray ink. Color the elements by using the Distress Oxide inks: Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Wilted Violet, Worn Lipstick. Use the flower shaping tool to bring shape to the elements. Adhere to the belly band front and a dragonfly to the card inside under the sentiment.
Apply the diamond stickles to the dragonfly on the belly band front.
Other Products: IRanger Archival Versa-fine Ink-Smoky Gray. Distress Oxide Inks: Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Wilted Violet, Worn Lipstick. Diamond stickles, Ruler, Hot glue gun, Misti stamping tool, Double sided tape, Doubles sided 3D foam tape.
- French Gate Die HCD1-7397$29.99Out of stock
- Decorative Dragonfly Paper Collection HCDP1-2138$24.99
- Dragonfly Florals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3985$19.99
- Dragonfly Florals Die HCD1-7396$29.99Out of stock
- Daydream Florals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3984$19.99
- Daydream Florals Die HCD1-7395$29.99Out of stock
- Elegant Especially for You Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3934$19.99Discontinued)
- Elegant Especially for You Die HCD1-7319$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 6 HCDA1-449$14.99
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99