Rosy Birthday Wishes
My finished card is a slinline card measuring 3 3/4" x 8 3/4". Make card base using white cardstock. Cut a piece of the paper collection 1/8" smaller, edge with Magenta Hue ink and glue to card front. Pick out another piece of the paper collection and cut it 1/8" smaller than the first piece, edge it with Magenta Hue and glue it down.
Now lets work on the roses we will need for the card. Using white cardstock stamp the rose petals using Magenta Hue. Color the outside with Magenta Hue and Sap Green for the inside of the petals. Use the coordinating dies to cut out the petals. I used the largest Golf tool to shape the petals bending and hand shaping. Glue together to make the rose. I used two of the largest petals, two of the next size down petals and then 3 of the next smallest to make the center of the flower. I used a hot glue gun to glue the petals together to help them hold their shape. The rose buds have three of the smaller petals. You could use the 3D Rose Shaping Mold to shape the flower petals but I chose to use my fingers to shape. Next I stamped 6 of the smaller rose petals using Buttercup and 6 using Sap Green. I used Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper for these smaller flowers. I colored them with Buttercup and Sap green and these single petals are shaped using the Flower Shaping kit then I pierced a hole in the center of these petals using a small golf tool and inserted a stamen through the center. The stamen were colored to match the flowers by rubbing them over the ink pad using a Stack and Store Dauber. Add hot glue to the back of the flowers where the stamen comes through.
Stamp the leaves with Fern Green and color using leaf green. Use coordinating dies to cut out. Lay them onto the mold, sprinz with water and run through the die cutting machine. Turn out and allow to dry.
Stamp the butterflies onto Vellum using white ink and emboss with white embossing powder. Cut out with coordinating die. I colored them with a Stack & Store Dauber and Garden Patina and Cactus flower. Glue two butterflies together and adhere to card front.
The Birthday sentiment was found on the paper collection and cut out. I used dimensional tape to adhere to card front. Decide on placement of the flowers, leaves and the butterfly and hot glue to card front.
The final step is to use a sponge and glue to add glitter to the flowers. The card is finished.
Other Products: Sap Green Archival Ink, White Cardstock, Die Cut Machine, Dimensional Tape, Hot Glue Gun
- Floral Butterfly Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3952$19.99Out of stock
- Floral Butterfly Accents Die HCD1-7353$29.99Out of stock
- Wild Rose Paper Collection HCDP1-2113$24.99
- Classic Rose Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3752$19.99
- Classic Rose Die HCD1-7110$29.99Out of stock
- Leafy Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3835$19.99Out of stock
- Leafy Accents Die HCD1-7193$29.99Out of stock
- 3D Leafy Accents Shaping Mold HCFB1-467$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Bridal Bouquet Stamens-Small HCS1-460$9.99Out of stock
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Groove Golf Tool Set DMCT4185$35.99Out of stock
- Rajni Chawla's Vellum Flowerite - 10 Sheets 18002$19.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- VersaColor Pigment Ink Pad - White TSVP080$6.99
- Opaque Embossing Powder - White EP100$5.99Out of stock
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Magenta Hue RACP614$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Rose Madder RACP638$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern Green RACP962$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Cactus Flower RACP985$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Garden Patina RACP992$8.99Out of stock