Regal Poinsettia Folio
My Folio finished size is 5 1/2” x 7 1/2" with a 1/2” spine. Make Folio base by cutting two pieces of white cardstock 8” x 5 1/2" and scoring on the 8” side at 1/2". Glue the two 1/2" scored cardstock together and allow to dry. I covered the front and the spine with a piece of the paper cofllection. I used sheet 6A. Die cut the Regal Lattice Gateway Die once with white cardstock and once with the Luxe Gold cardstock. Offset the two die cuts so the gold is showing a bit underneath the white and glue together. Adhere to the card front.
I stamped the flower petals with Sap Green ink and colored with Ladybug and Leaf Green ink. Die cut with coordinating dies and lay onto the coordinating molds and spritz with water and run through the die cut machine. Turn out onto the desk top and allow to dry. When dry I used the hot glue gun to glue two petals together and then the stamen in the center. Put a bit of hot glue in the center of the flowers and then dump Heart of Gold Prills into the glue. Using a sponge and Dries clear adhesive, add Crystal Clear Glitter to the flower petals then allow to dry.
Stamp the Holly leaves and Holly Berry Spray using Leaf Green ink and then color with Leaf Green ink. Cut out with coordinating dies and then add some olive ink to the edges of the greenery. Run the pieces that have coordinating molds, through the die cut machine and turn out onto the desk to dry. For the Holly Berry Spray pieces I just shaped a little with my fingers. Now that all the elements are ready to go, decide on placement and hot glue down.
For the inside top of the folio, I covered the page with a piece of the paper collection; I used Sheet 3B. Take one of the Gateway Fold cards and cut the back fold off so that you just have the front and back of the fold. I’m using magnets as a closure so decide on placement and glue down. I chose to place one magnet on the front cover piece of my fold out and one to match placement on the back side of the fold out. Mine were placed about half way up on the fold out. Cut a piece of Sheet 1B of the paper collection and glue that to the inside of the foldout. Using white cardstock and Luxe Gold Cardstock die cut the Elegant Swirl Gateway die and glue the gold piece down. Now cut a piece of Sheet 11A for behind the white part of the die cut. Glue everything onto the piece of gold and allow to dry. I used a piece of Sheet 5B to cover the back part of the foldout. Make a pocket using a piece of white cardstock measuring 2 1/2" X 5 1/4" and a piece of Sheet 10A measuring 2 3/8" X 5 1/2". I used score-Tape to adhere to the back portion of the foldout. I cut out some of the stamped tickets from the paper collection and I had an extra piece of gold die cut from the Regal Lattice die and I backed it in white cardstock and made a tag out of it. I added pieces of seam binding to be pull tabs for the tags and inserted them into the pocket. Glue the fold out onto the top inside page and allow to dry.
Cover the inside bottom portion of the folio using Sheet 2B of the paper collection and allow the glue to dry. Make a pocket using a piece of white cardstock measuring 3" X 5" and cover with a piece of left over Sheet 3B of the paper collection. I used Scor-Tape to adhere the pocket. Add a poinsettia and some greenery left over from what I made for the front cover and glue it down using hot glue. Cut out a tag from some left over paper, use some of the seam binding to tie as a pull tab. I took a tea bag of herbal tea and covered the front section with a leftover piece of the paper collection so that it matches everything else. I tied a piece of the seam binding into a bow and adhered it with Scor-Tape and Dries Clear Adhesive. I cut a piece of the left over paper and made a flag for the top of the honey stick and insert it into the pocket.
The seam binding was a left over piece that I had dyed red with some ink. I’m sorry but I don’t remember which ink but it matched perfectly. It saved a lot of time since I didn’t have to start dying ribbon.
Other Products: White Cardstock, Die Cut Machine, Hot Glue Gun, Magnets, Scor-Tape, Seam Binding, Tea Bag, Honey Stick, Archival Sap Green Ink
- Festive Poinsettia Paper Collection HCDP1-2129$24.99
- Large Festive Poinsettia Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3957$19.99
- Large Festive Poinsettia Die HCD1-7358$29.99
- Large 3D Festive Poinsettia Shaping Mold HCFB1-5007$29.99
- Small Festive Poinsettia Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3958$19.99
- Small Festive Poinsettia Die HCD1-7359$29.99
- Small 3D Festive Poinsettia Shaping Mold HCFB1-5008$29.99
- Holly Berry Spray Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3959$19.99
- Holly Berry Spray Die HCD1-7360$29.99
- 5" x 7" Gateway Fold Card - White HCCB1-495$10.99
- Ticket and Tags Die HCD1-7201$29.99
- Scalloped Flourish Gateway Die HCD2-7325$34.99
- Elegant Swirl Gateway Die HCD2-7327$34.99
- Regal Lattice Gateway Die HCD2-7339$34.99
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99Out of stock
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Heart of Gold Prills ANC804$5.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Lady Bug TSMP300$7.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99