Missing You Poppies
Missing You Poppies
Cut a piece of white cardstock to 5 x 8 1/2”, score and fold at 7”. Cut a second piece of white cardstock at 5 x 7” and glue the folded portion over the top of the 5 x 7” piece which will become the card front panel. This flap will be covered by card front layers. From the HCD2-7381 Fancy Classic Oval Frame Die use the largest die and position it over the card base so that the top hangs over the fold line preserving the fold. Run this through your die cut machine to create your card base. Use this same die to cut 2 more white cardstock layers, a light green paper layer and a lightly patterned paper layer both from the HCDP1-2139 Wild Poppy Paper Pad. The first white card stock layer gets glued to the card base to give it a completed shape. Once glued, set aside until the end. The second cardstock layer will be where the scene is built. Using this card front panel, glue the light green paper layer down using the Dries Clear Glue. Use the plain oval die to cut a light green oval and the second and third largest dies from the HCD2-7381 Fancy Classic Oval Frame Die and cut both a Luxe Gold Cardstock layer as well as a cream colored layer. Glue these two layers together using Dries Clear Glue offsetting the gold behind the cream before adhering them to the card. The thin die cut is glued directly to the green card front and the inner die is popped up with dimensional adhesive. From HCD2-7338 Lattice Flourish Gateway Die cut a black fence from the black paper in the HCDP1-2139 Wild Poppy Paper Collection. Using the green oval as a guide, trim the fence to fit the bottom half of the oval, do not attach the fence. Adhere the green oval to the center of your card front. Using HCD1-7203 Ornamental Tags Die cut a small tag from the Wild Poppy Paper Pad and stamp “It’s Been A While” in Poppy ink using the HCPC-3844 For My Friend Sentiments Cling Stamp Set. Attach the sentiment with gold twine to the fence post. Using this same stamp set also stamp the “I miss you” stamp onto a scrap of the cream colored paper used earlier and die cut using the HCD2-7308 Majestic Swirl Frames Die. Also cut a Luxe Gold Cardstock frame from this same die to finish the inside sentiment.
Stamp the small set 2x, and the second smallest set of flowers 5x from the HCPC-3986 Wild Poppy Cling Stamp Set on white cardstock in Red Geranium. Stamp the leaf vine 2x from white cardstock.
Using the Stack and Store Daubers color each flower using Poppy ink making sure to leave white around the flowers edge. Ink the edges using the Red Geranium ink. Color the backside as desired. Color each vine using a light coat of the Vivid Chartreuse ink adding Olive ink to the tips and vine as shown.
Shape the Poppy’s and shown using a light mist of water and your hands along with the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. For the black stamens a black alcohol marker was used to color white pearl stamens. Using 3 layers for the larger 2x, and 2 layers for the smaller flowers 3x, glue your flower petals and pierce a hole in the center of each flower with the Grooved Golf Tools. Thread one green wire stamen along with a bunch of black small stamens through the holes of the larger 2 flowers and attach with glue gun. For the small flowers simply thread black stamens through and glue to the back with hot glue. For the bud shape three larger petals to form bud and glue together with dries clear glue. Pierce a hole in the end and run a EZ stem floral wire in and attach to the inside of bud with hot glue. Attach the EZ Stem Floral Wire to the other flowers behind the gate by gluing the stems to the stamen threads (or directly to the back of the smallest flower) with a glue gun, then cover glue joint with a small amount of florist tape. Shape the leaves using the Groove Golf Tool Set. Sponge Dries Clear glue over flowers and sprinkle with Rajni Chawla’s Crystal clear glitter and tap off.
Arrange the stemmed flowers on the green oval section of the card using the fence as a guide. Glue stems with hot glue once the placement is decided. Attach fence using Adhesive Foam Strips. Arrange leaves and smaller flowers as desired. Score the card base front in half into a mountain fold to allow for the easel, and glue the lightly patterned paper layer on the inside making sure to trim just a little off the top so the card can fold. Now glue the bottom half of the card front to the bottom half of the card base.
Add the sentiment to use as a stopper inside the card to allow your card to stand.
Other Products: Ranger Archival Ink in Poppy, gold metallic thread, dimensional adhesive, black alcohol marker, florist tape, hot glue, hot glue gun, paper trimmer, die cut machine.
- Wild Poppy Paper Collection HCDP1-2139$24.99
- Wild Poppy Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3986$19.99
- Wild Poppy Die HCD1-7404$29.99Out of stock
- EZ Stem Floral Wire - Pack of 12 HCSF1-498$10.99Out of stock
- Cascading Wisteria Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3912$19.99
- Cascading Wisteria Die HCD1-7296$29.99Out of stock
- Fancy Classic Oval Frame Die HCD2-7381$34.99
- Lattice Flourish Gateway Die HCD2-7338$34.99
- Majestic Swirl Frames Die HCD2-7308$34.99
- Ornamental Tags Die HCD1-7203$29.99
- For My Friend Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3844$19.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Pastel Pollen Stamens - Medium HCS1-485$19.99
- Pastel Pearl Stamens-Small HCS1-457-1$9.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 6 HCDA1-449$14.99
- Groove Golf Tool Set DMCT4185$35.99Out of stock
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Red Geranium RACP993$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vivid Chartreuse RACP531$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Adhesive Foam Strips - 72 Pieces GBWF18375$4.99
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99