Magical Christmas Shaker
Other Products: White cardstock, acrylic block, die cutting machine, scissors, jute ribbon, gold glitter, foam adhesive, score board and paper cutter
For more tips on creating with the Snowy Pines Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/nVtKVcgg530.
Instructions: Cut white cardstock to 5 1/2 x 11”, score and fold at 5 1/2”. Using the Snowy Pines paper pad, cut a red mat slightly small than card base, then another green patterned paper even smaller. Adhere onto card base. Cut a 1” green plaid strip from paper collection and choose sentiment from paper collection, mat each on with Gold Luxe cardstock, then adhere towards bottom of card base using dries clear glue and foam adhesive.
Die cut two large ovals from HCD1-7305 Ornate Ovals Die from white cardstock. On one of these ovals diecut an oval from the Eyelet Oval and Basics Small die set to create a frame, reserve oval. Diecut a slightly larger oval using the Eyelet Oval and Basics Large die set on clear cardstock, adhere white oval frame onto clear cardstock using Dries Clear glue. On reserved oval, stamp cabin image using Jet Black ink. Color using Stack and Store daubers along with Fantastix for the smaller areas, with Coffee, Fern Green, Sunflower, Vermillion inks. Use a light hand to lightly shade the snow and sky with Manganese Blue ink. Adhere cabin scene oval onto Ornate Oval as the background of the shaker feature. Arrange foam strips along background oval being sure there aren’t any gaps, as this will need to securely hold the glitter we’ll place inside. Insert desired amount of Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear into shaker opening, then secure the clear cardstock oval frame onto this. This creates the shaker feature.
Stamp Snowy Pines Cabin scene onto white cardstock using Jet Black ink, diecut using both the outer and inner die of the wreath, discard cabin scene. Color oval wreath using Stack and Store Daubers, color the pinecones and birds with Coffee ink, and foliage with a blend of Olive and Fern Green inks. Shape using Deluxe Flower Shaping kit and adhere onto shaker feature. Adhere shaker onto card base using Dries Clear Glue. Add Jute ribbon along the bottom, then finish with gold glitter as desired.
- Snowy Pines Cabin Die HCD1-7304$29.99
- Snowy Pines Cabin Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3919$19.99
- Ornate Ovals Die HCD1-7305$29.99
- Snowy Pines Paper Collection HCDP1-2117$24.99
- Eyelet Oval & Basics Large Die HCD1-7157$29.99
- Eyelet Oval & Basics Small Die HCD1-7156$29.99
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99Out of stock
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern Green RACP962$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sunflower RACP005$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Coffee RACP451$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vermillion RACP461$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black RACP468$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Manganese Blue RACP454$8.99
- Fantastix Blending Tool 247027$4.99Out of stock
- Clear Cardstock 8.5 x 11 GBKK811B1$8.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99