Love-ly Banner Roses
Card size: 5” x 7”. Start by folding White cardstock measuring 7 1/2" X 11” in half to form a 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" card. Use the outer die of the Simply Classic Rectangle Frame to die cut card, hanging top of die over top fold by about 1/4" to retain fold. Cut the full outer die from white cardstock, pink decorative paper, and plaid decorative paper then glue the cardstock and pink paper to the front of card, glue the plaid paper inside, trimming the top to fit (avoid score). Use the smaller rectangular die (from the same die set) to cut out a window from card front only.
Die cut gold using the outer die and the large decorative together to create a gold frame. At the same time you can cut the inner decorative die from the inside of gold you are cutting. So, you will have 3 dies on the gold at once. Use the inner decorative die again on pink decorative paper. Glue the smaller decorative die cuts together off setting slightly. Glue the gold frame onto card front matching all edges. Die cut plaid decorative paper with the large decorative die then glue that thin die cut to the front matching inside edges of the gold frame.
Stamp the Heart Floral Banner using gray ink, die cut then color. Stamp the sentiment using Magenta Hue on white then use the inside die of banner to die cut. Pop it up on the heart shape. Glue the smaller rectangle die stack and heart to the inside of card in the center.
Stamp the roses using Magenta Hue, sponge then die cut. Stamp the leafy Accents with Fern Green, sponge with Leaf Green, die cut. Shape the leaves and the roses in their molds, misting lightly with water first. Let dry completely (be patient, it is important for shaping that they are COMPLETELY dry). Use the shaping tools to further shape rose petals pushing them down hard in the centers to create a bowl shape. Glue several layers together, (the bottom 2 should always be the same size to start the roses). The small bud inside is made pushing down the center while petals are stamp side down so that the stamp side shows while closing tightly. Using a hot glue gun for putting roses together helps quite a bit but it can be done with good adhesive like Dries Clear as well.
Cut leaves into groups of 2. Decorate outside of card on both sides of the window with roses and leaves. Be careful to avoid getting glue on the inside, you don’t want to glue your card shut! Open the card and add a sheer pink bow to 1 side of the heart (left bottom for this sample).
Glitter all the flowers and card base, try to avoid the metallic gold paper. Sponge a bit of glue on the bow and glitter it too.
Other Products: White cardstock, Copic Markers: RV10, RV02, RV04, YG61, G82, ribbon, London Fog Memento Ink
- Simply Classic Rectangle Frame Die HCD2-7383$34.99
- Floral Banners Paper Collection HCDP1-2133$24.99
- Elegant Rose Banner Die HCD1-7376$29.99
- Elegant Rose Banner Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3968$19.99
- Classic Rose Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3752$19.99
- Classic Rose Die HCD1-7110$29.99
- 3D Rose Shaping Mold HCFB1-462$29.99Out of stock
- Leafy Accents Die HCD1-7193$29.99Out of stock
- 3D Leafy Accents Shaping Mold HCFB1-467$29.99
- Leafy Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3835$19.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Magenta Hue RACP614$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern Green RACP962$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Stamp Mat Pad D110305$5.99Discontinued)
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99