Lilacs in the Round
Other Products: White cardstock, pearls, ribbon
For more tips on creating with the Window Scene cards & dies, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/LnM95GR92ao.
For more tips on creating with the flower shaping molds, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/FSdPL7nXvQE.
Instructions: Click here to view more photos of this project. Card size: 6 x 6”. Use the premade Swing card base, sponge edges of all surfaces with Deep Purple lightly. Use the new Rounded Eyelet Die with the eyelet outer circle and all 3 inside pieces evenly spaced to die cut a white decorative front for the circle panel on card base. Weave ribbon in and out of the center holes of die cut and secure ends. Use the half round plain edge die to die cut 2 decorative paper halves for the back side of the Rounded Eyelet die cut made from white. Glue the decorative paper to the back of decorative die cut and glue to card base circle panel. Find 2 panels from the Window Scene paper pack (The Lilac ones) that you like and glue them onto the 2 square card base panels. Cut 7 Corners out of white from the Ornate Pocket Accents. On the back side of the first square panel, sponge more purple about 1/3 of the way on all 4 corners then glue 4 of the corners to it (this back side shows when card is closed with the circle panel on top of it. Glue 2 corners opposite each other on the front of the first square panel and 1 on the last panel in the bottom right corner leaving top unglued so that it can be a pocket.
Stamp Lilac clusters 4 times using Deep Purple for half and Majestic Violet for the others then sponge all and die cut. Shape in the shaping mold (see video). Add green Prills to the centers. Stamp umbrella, scroll and 4 large sprays using black then die cut and color with Copic markers. Stamp sentiment onto scroll with black. Cut 2 tags from decorative matching paper, add ribbons to the tops. Stamp Happy Birthday using Deep Purple on the decorative tag for pocket.
Glue spray down in front on the bottom and part of another to make almost a semi-circle. Glue scroll and 1 spray divided onto the first square panel, glue umbrella and sprays to the bottom of third panel (when gluing on top of pocket make sure to put down waxed paper or foil inside pocket so that it does not get glued shut).
Glue lilac blossoms to sprays to finish decorating and then glitter all the flowers. Add some lilac Prills to end of sprays where needed. Insert tag into pocket. Insert small oval tag and secure with glue, on the front. For a final touch, add pearls to the front.
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Lettuce Entertain You Prills ANC814$5.99
- I Cannot Tell A Lilac Prills ANC822$5.99
- 6" x 6" Swing Fold Card - White HCCB1-482$10.99
- Lush Lilac Die HCD1-7170$29.99Out of stock
- Lush Lilac & Umbrella Spray Die HCD1-7171$29.99
- Sweet Lilac Scroll & Cage Die HCD1-7172$29.99Out of stock
- Ticket and Tags Die HCD1-7201$29.99
- Ornamental Tags Die HCD1-7203$29.99
- Ornate Pocket Accents Die HCD1-7214$29.99
- Rounded Eyelet Window Die HCD1-7273$34.99
- Window Scenes Paper Collection HCDP1-2109$24.99Out of stock
- Lush Lilac Paper Collection HCDP1-287$24.99Out of stock
- 3D Lush Lilac Shaping Mold HCFB1-466$29.99
- Lush Lilac Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3816$19.99
- Lush Lilac & Umbrella Spray Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3817$19.99Out of stock
- Special Birthday Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3843$19.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Deep Purple RACP430$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Majestic Violet RACP494$8.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black TSMP900$7.99