Lighting the Way
Begin with a HCCB1-495 5x7” Gateway fold card - white, and cut off the back fold and 1/16” off the bottom edge. From HCD2-7337 Teardrop Lattice Gateway die use the largest die to cut a background scene from the bottom right of sheet 6A from the HCDP1-2140 Mushroom Cottage Paper Pad. From the second sheet of 6A also cut a frame using both the outer die used in the previous step along with the 4 x 6” die from the HCD2-7325 Scalloped Flourish Gateway die. Make sure to tape these two dies together and also cut a frame from white cardstock. These can be cut at the same time. Glue these together to give frame added strength.
Stamp the large mushroom cottage, windows, and door along with the frog in tuxedo black ink onto Copic paper from the HCPC-3989 Large Mushroom Cottage Cling Stamp Set. Also stamp vines 4x from the same stamp set onto white cardstock in Emerald Green. Stamp the fairy, lightning bugs 2x, fence 2x, mushrooms 3x, with the Tuxedo Black ink onto Copic paper. Stamp the lilacs from the HCPC-3816 Lush Lilacs Cling Stamp Set in Majestic Violet onto white cardstock. One stamp will yield enough for the entire project.
Color all images stamped in tuxedo black with Copic markers, and die cut with coordinating dies. With a white gel pen add tiny dots to the mini mushrooms. For the vines using Stack and Store Daubers, color with Vivid Chartreuse and Emerald Green inks for a two tone look before die cutting with the coordinating dies. Darken some of the edges of the leaves for added depth once die cut. Using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit, shape the vines for added dimension. Color the lilacs in the same manner with Blue Violet ink before die cutting with the coordinating die. Ink tips of the flowers with the Majestic Violet then run them through the 3D shaping mold. Using the Groove Golf Tools poke a hole in the center of each lilac and add a single white Bridal Bouquet Stamen to the center of each flower using Dries Clear Glue to secure. With a Hydra Sponge dab some Dries Clear Glue onto the tips of the petals and dip into Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear and tap off.
Add Stickles to the fairy and lightning bugs wings and set aside. Glue the front panel to the card base and begin to assemble the scene. Glue the mushroom house and fence directly to the background with Dries Clear Glue, and use dimensional adhesive for windows, doors, mini mushrooms, and lightning bugs. Edges may have to be trimmed to fit card base. Add dimensional adhesive to the back of the frame and glue that to the card front. Lastly arrange the vines, flowers, fairy, and frog to the frame to finish off the design. Decorate inside as desired.
Other Products: Ranger Archival Blue Violet ink, Star Dust Stickles, Copic markers, Copic Xpress It Paper, white gel pen, dimensional adhesive, scissors, paper trimmer, die cut machine.
- Mushroom Cottage Paper Collection HCDP1-2140$24.99
- Large Mushroom Cottage Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3989$19.99
- Large Mushroom Cottage Die HCD1-7407$29.99
- Mushroom Cottage Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3992$19.99
- Mushroom Cottage Accents Die HCD1-7410$29.99
- Teardrop Lattice Gateway Die HCD2-7337$34.99
- Scalloped Flourish Gateway Die HCD2-7325$34.99
- 5" x 7" Gateway Fold Card - White HCCB1-495$10.99
- Lush Lilac Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3816$19.99
- Lush Lilac Die HCD1-7170$29.99
- 3D Lush Lilac Shaping Mold HCFB1-466$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 25 - White HCPP1-468$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 6 HCDA1-449$14.99
- Bridal Bouquet Stamens-Small HCS1-460$9.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Majestic Violet RACP494$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Emerald Green RACP447$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vivid Chartreuse RACP531$8.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black TSMP900$7.99
- Groove Golf Tool Set DMCT4185$35.99Discontinued)
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99