Other Products: INKS: Spectrum Noir Aqua pencils: Color List For: Leaves- Cypress, Oregano, Bamboo. Magnolia-Nutmeg, Wheat, Azalea. Twigs- Umber Other: Ranger Stickles Yellow, Hot glue gun, Double sided tape, Stamen punch, Pattern tracing tool, Cardboard Box, Card stock or grey board or pizza box, Foam inking tool, Glitter. Photo.
Instructions: The measurement of this layout is 12” x 12“. Cut the cardstock or grey board or pizza box lid to 12” x 12” this will be the base for the layout (pizza box lid was used for this project).
The paper used for the background is the Sweet Magnolia sheet #5B. Taking this paper, tear the paper along the printed pattern. Using the pattern tracing tool, making holes along both the edges that have been torn. Ink these edges with the sepia ink. Arrange onto the layout base. Cut a strip of paper that matches from the paper collection to fill any missing paper coverage. Cut a few strips from the cardboard box about an half inch wide. Adhere these across the foot of the layout base so the paper at the foot will be raised. Depending on the thickness of the cardboard used, two layers were used in this layout. Adhere the paper strip with the torn edge to the raised area.
Make and prepare all the embellishments. Stamp, color and die cut: at least x5 assorted magnolia buds, x14 leaves, x19 magnolias. (Each having two layers to the flower and one punched stamen.) The colors used are listed in the ‘Other Products’ list.
Using the white card stock die cut the sentiment and x2 the Palace gateway. Ink these with the sepia ink. With the clear drying adhesive and glitter, highlight the words in the sentiment. When dry, adhere to the foot of the layout. Place one of the gates above the sentiment to the left.
Prepare the photo by cutting it to fit behind the gate. Use the cardboard box cut to size or strips to lift the photo from the base. (This photo has three layers of cardboard to lift it.) Cut the gate open, then adhere the gate to the photo. Adhere all in place.
Arrange and adhere all the premade magnolia buds and flowers in place. Curl the gate open and adhere in place where it falls on the magnolias. Apply the Crystal Lacquer to the curled back gate.
- Palace Gateway Die HCD2-7349$34.99
- Ironwork Sentiments Die HCD2-7351$34.99
- Sweet Magnolia Paper Collection HCDP1-2126$24.99
- 3D Magnolia Shaping Mold HCFB1-5005$29.99
- Sweet Magnolia Blooms Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3948$19.99
- Sweet Magnolia Blooms Die HCD1-7346$29.99
- Sweet Magnolia Buds Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3949$19.99
- Sweet Magnolia Buds Die HCD1-7347$29.99
- Sweet Magnolia Bouquet Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3950$19.99
- Sweet Magnolia Bouquet Die HCD1-7348$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Pastel Bead Stamens-Medium HCS1-457-3$19.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 6 HCDA1-449$14.99
- Heat It Craft Tool RAHT$24.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Library Green RACP475$8.99Discontinued)
- Groove Golf Tool Set DMCT4185$35.99Discontinued)
- Color In Watercolor Brush - Fine 409311$5.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Embossing Powder - Gold 359760$5.99
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer 4 oz 3D1844$6.99