Other Products: White Cardstock, Canson Watercolor Paper, Magnets, Die Cut Machine, Metallic Cording, Cornflower Blue Ranger Archival Ink
Instructions: The finished card size is 6" x 6". Working on the four fold-out pieces of the card I cut pieces of 3B of the Floral Butterfly paper Collection and used the dies from the Rounded Lattice Window dies and the Round Eyelet Window dies. Glue down these pieces.
Using the Large Floral Butterfly shadow die, cut a butterfly using a piece of the Flower Shaping Paper. I covered this butterfly front and back using a piece of 8B from the paper collection. Now using watercolor paper, stamp the large butterfly using Cactus Flower ink. I used two zig clean markers and the water brush to color the butterfly (081 Light Violet and 042 Turquoise Green). Be sure and dry the color as you move across the butterfly to help the colors not to run together. When finished and dry, add glitter and allow to dry. Using the vellum, cut out the inside piece of the butterfly and glue to the colored butterfly. This makes the butterfly look like it is fluttering along.
Now open up the card flaps and let’s decorate as well as deciding where you want to put the magnets so the butterfly can hold the card closed. This needs to be done before you finish gluing down the paper pieces of the back of the shadow piece and on the inside of the right side flap. Now cut out pieces of 11B of the paper collection using the die from the Round Lattice Window die. Decide on a card front to go on the inside. It is very easy as the paper all coordinates well; the guess work is taken out for you. I chose a sunny piece and glued it down. Stamp the floral accent pieces onto a piece of the flower shaping paper. Use the Stack and Store Daubers to color in and then cut out with coordinating dies. I also stamped a pretty butterfly and colored it to fit on the right hand side. Stamp the sentiment and using the round dies cut it out and glue to the inside panel. Tie a bow using the metallic cording and adhere to the top of the circle sentiment. Glue down the greenery and flowers and add more glitter to all areas of the part of the card.
The card is finished and all you need to do is fold it together and put into a regular 6 x 6 envelope and it should mail with no problem. It can also go into a clear envelope. I love how this card came out and was so impressed at how easy it came together! Good luck with yours!
- Floral Butterfly Paper Collection HCDP1-2127$24.99
- Large Floral Butterfly Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3951$19.99
- Large Floral Butterfly Die HCD2-7352$34.99
- Floral Butterfly Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3952$19.99
- Floral Butterfly Accents Die HCD1-7353$29.99
- 6" x 6" Interlocking Fold Card - White HCCB1-483$10.99
- Rounded Lattice Window Die HCD1-7274$34.99
- Rounded Eyelet Window Die HCD1-7273$34.99
- Eyelet Circle & Basics Small Die HCD1-7154$29.99
- Just For You Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3845$19.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Rajni Chawla's Vellum Flowerite - 10 Sheets 18002$19.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Color In Watercolor Brush - Fine 409311$5.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Rich Cocoa TSMP800$7.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Danube Blue TSMP600$7.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Cactus Flower RACP985$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern Green RACP962$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sky Blue RACP656$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sunflower RACP005$8.99