French Courtyard Spinner
Cut Deluxe Flower Shaping paper to 6 x 12”, score and fold to make 6 x 6" card base. Cut 2 same panels from paper collection, sheet 10B, to 5 13/16 x 5 13/16”. Diecut large intricate square from HCD1-7398 French Courtyard die using Deluxe Flower Shaping paper. Use the second largest circle from HCD1-7155 Large Circle Die set to cut the center of this large white Courtyard die. Diecut the same circle die into both of the purple square panels using the white square for placement of circle. Use the same circle die to again diecut the card base, using same white intricate Courtyard die for placement of circle opening.
Adhere one of the purple panels on card front. Apply Dries Clear Adhesive onto Hydra Sponge, dab randomly over intricate Courtyard die and adhere onto card front. Cut a piece of string to 4 1/2” and adhere on the backside of card front, directly in the center of the circle, making sure it’s stretched out completely. Adhere second purple panel over the backside of card front, this will cover the area where the string was glued onto the card base. You should only see the string through the circle opening.
From the HCD1-7398 French Courtyard die, use the largest plain circle to diecut 2 purple circles from sheet 10B of paper collection. Adhere these in the circle opening, back-to-back with the string in the center. Apply hot glue onto string inside circle so the string is securely fastened onto circle, then apply second circle, back-to-back using foam adhesive. Use the same large plain circle paired with the birthday sentiment to diecut two sentiment circles from Deluxe Flower Shaping paper. Use dauber to ink the edges of this sentiment circle using Rose Madder ink. Apply Dries Clear Adhesive onto Hydra Sponge, dab randomly over sentiment circles, then sprinkle with Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear. Adhere one on each side of the purple circle spinner. From same die set, using the smaller plain circle, diecut 2 circles from Luxe Gold cardstock. Adhere one in the center of sentiment circle, one on each side. From same die set, diecut 2 fleur-di-lis circle dies paired with the small plain circle die onto Deluxe Flower Shaping paper. Use dauber to ink the edges with Rose Madder ink, apply Dries Clear Adhesive onto sponge, dab randomly over fleur-de-lis piece, sprinkle with Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear, then adhere on top of gold circle, one on each side of spinner.
Stamp the following images onto Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper. Stamp several roses from HCPC-3752 Classic Rose stamp set using Pink Peony ink. Stamp five smaller roses from same stamp set using Leaf Green ink to work as small filler flowers. Stamp the leaf from same stamp set using Library Green ink as well as a few leaves from the HCPC-3835 Leafy Accents stamp set. Stamp three magnolia flowers using Leaf Green ink. Diecut all using coordinating dies.
Color the images using the Stack and Store dauber along with the following inks. For the roses use both Pink Peony and Plum inks. Color the leaves with Vivid Chartreuse and Leaf Green inks. Add Vivid Chartreuse in the center of the small green filler flowers. Use Pink Peony along the edges of the magnolia flowers.
Shape flowers and leaves using their coordinating molds. There is a great video on how to create roses, be sure to watch that as well. Use hot glue to assemble the roses. Use Dries Clear Adhesive for the small green roses, pierce the center and add your stamens. Use the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit to shape the magnolia’s in a bud form. Arrange and adhere on card as shown using hot glue.
For a touch of sparkle, apply dries clear glue onto flowers and leaves and sprinkle with Crystal Glitter, tap off. If desired apply a few prills onto leaves. Before closing card, physically turn the center circle spinner numerous times, so the string is wound up. Doing this will ensure the person opening the card will get to see the center spin, thus creating the spinner card.
Other Products: Hot Glue, String, Foam Adhesive, Paper Trimmer, Die cutting machine, Archival Library Green ink
- French Courtyard Die HCD1-7398$29.99
- Moments in Time Paper Collection HCDP1-2134$24.99
- Circle Basics Large Die HCD1-7155$29.99
- Classic Rose Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3752$19.99
- Classic Rose Die HCD1-7110$29.99
- 3D Rose Shaping Mold HCFB1-462$29.99
- Sweet Magnolia Blooms Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3948$19.99
- Sweet Magnolia Blooms Die HCD1-7346$29.99
- 3D Magnolia Shaping Mold HCFB1-5005$29.99
- Leafy Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3835$19.99
- Leafy Accents Die HCD1-7193$29.99
- 3D Leafy Accents Shaping Mold HCFB1-467$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 25 - White HCPP1-468$29.99
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Bridal Bouquet Stamens-Small HCS1-460$9.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 6 HCDA1-449$14.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Pink Peony RACP649$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Plum RACP499$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Buttercup RACP632$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vivid Chartreuse RACP531$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Rose Madder RACP638$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99Out of stock
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Minnie Pearls Prills ANC803$5.99