French Cottage Pop Up
French Cottage Pop Up
Other Products: Versafine, clear embossing powder, glass beads, Distress Oxide Black Soot, brads, green ribbon, scissors, paper tirmmer, hot glue gun
For more tips on creating with the French Cottage Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/cATv3wk2_sM.
For more tips on creating with the tags & sentiments, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/eAfLuNkRda4.
Instructions: To make the card base, cut white cardstock 2no. 6 1/2 x 6”, lay landscape onto a scoreboard and score and 1/2” and 3 1/2” to create the gate fold front. Cut white cardstock 5 15/16”, this is a 6 x 6” panel for the back of the card but a sliver taken off to allow for the tabs to wrap around. Adhere the tabs to the back of the back panel with dries clear and then cover the card front and back with designer papers from the French Cottage Paper Collection pad.
Stamp out in versafine onto deluxe flower shaping paper all the decorative elements from the French Cottage Collection and Tulip Cart & Fence. Clear heat emboss and color with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Using the coordinating dies, run through the die-cutting machine and edge with black soot.
Cut 1” strip x 5 1/4” long and score at 2, 2 1/2, 4 1/2”, 5”, adhere the tab with dries clear to complete a pop-up box rectangle which measures 2 x 1/2”. Continue to make pop-up boxes to the complete size of 3/4 x 1/2”, 1/4 x 3/4” and x2 1 1/2 x 1/2”.
Each pop-up box is adhered at the back and one side only to allow it to move when the gatefold is opened and closed. The left-hand side potted tree pop up box is adhered to the left and the back is adhered directly onto the bicycle pop-up box. (It is a good idea to use temporary adhesive to ensure the pop-ups work with the die-cuts before using permanent adhesive).
Cut the top strip 7 x 2” and run through the die-cutting machine with the Eyelet Heart Infused Border Die bottom and centre. Cut another border 6 x 1” in black cardstock and adhere to the top of the trim to mirror the bottom border and score at 1/2, 2, 5, 6 1/2”.
Place flowers into the mold face down and spritz with water prior to running through the die-cut machine. Use the ball tool from the deluxe flower shaping kit to cup the centres, add dries clear to the centre and add glass beads, allow to dry.
Die-cut the hinge and x3 keys in black card stock and adhere together. Add brads to the hinge and finish with silver wax.
Die-cut the tags in designer paper and mat onto black cardstock, finish with ribbon.
Die-cut Sweetheart Border large floral die in black and mat onto designer paper and form a pocket onto the back panel.
Adhere all your decorative elements using dries clear, add 3d dots to the stone surround and the potted tree and flowerpots on the front of the card. Leave the fence and top to last to allow easy access inside the card.
- French Cottage Paper Collection HCDP1-2114$24.99
- Cottage Lifestyle Die HCD1-7294$29.99
- Cottage Lifestyle Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3910$19.99
- French Doorway Die HCD1-7292$29.99Out of stock
- French Doorway Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3908$19.99Out of stock
- French Cottage 'scapes Die HCD1-7293$29.99Discontinued)
- French Cottage 'scapes Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3909$19.99
- Ornamental Tags Die HCD1-7203$29.99
- Window Hinges Die HCD1-7285$29.99
- Ticket and Tags Die HCD1-7201$29.99
- Sweetheart Borders Die HCD1-7161$29.99Discontinued)
- Tulip Cart & Fence Die HCD1-7221$29.99Discontinued)
- Tulip Cart & Fence Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3861$19.99Discontinued)
- For My Friend Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3844$19.99
- 3D Floral Basics Shaping Mold HCFB1-464$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 25 - White HCPP1-468$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 6 HCDA1-449$14.99
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - 36 Pack 478455$129.99Discontinued)
- Double Dots 100pc. -3D Foam Circles DDOTS$4.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Cut 'N' Boss Limited Edition CW-CNB-WD1$299.99Discontinued)