Framed in Elegance
The ready top fold card measures 8″ by 6″. To prepare the white card base, cut one piece measuring 8″ by 6″ and the second piece 8 1/2″ by 6″. Score the second piece at 1/2″ on the longer side and glue the first piece on top. For the topmost layer, choose the darker tone of grey cardstock paper and cut 7 1/4″ by 5 1/4″. Next, cut a light grey color card panel 1/16" smaller on all the sides. Dry emboss it through the embossing folder and layer it on the card front using foam tapes.
Cut the outer delicate frame one each from white and Luxe Gold cardstock using Simply Classic Rectangle Frame Die. Glue the white one behind the gold to add strength. Adhere the ready frame on the solid cover die-cut, cut using the same die from dark grey cardstock. Inlay the leftover white die cuts back into the frame for the extra accent. Cut the center solid label from light grey cardstock and dry emboss it using an embossing folder. Layer it as shown. Adhere the smaller white frame with an adhesive that dries clear.
For Blue Asters, stamp a couple of petals from Wild Aster Cling Stamp Set using French Ultramarine Archival Ink and cut them using its coordinating die. Color the petals using the same ink and shape them using golf groove tools. Create one large, 3 medium, and one small-sized Aster. Complete the flowers by adding the prills in the centers.
For foliage, stamp the images from Leafy Accent stamp set with Olive green archival ink and paint them using Leaf green Archival ink. Cut the foliage using its coordinating die. Shape the leaves using a groove golf tool.
Stamp the butterfly from Floral Butterfly Accents Cling Stamp Set on vellum using Hero Arts white pigment ink and heat emboss the butterfly using Floral Butterfly Accent stamp. Cut the butterfly using its coordinating die. Also, stamp a few florals from Lush Lilac on Vellum cardstock using Hero Arts white pigment ink, sprinkle white heat embossing powder, and dust extra. Next, heat set the images and cut them using its coordinating die. Color the florals using Mustard seed distress oxide.
Take a strip of cardstock and stamp the sentiment using Olive Green archival ink. Shape the stripe slightly and glue both ends using hot glue. Assemble small flower clusters around the sentiment strip and complete the card by adding sparkle to the flowers.
Other Products Used: Smooth white cardstock, Score Board, Die Cutting machine, Tacky glue, Glossy Accent, Foam Tape, Adhesive that dries clear, 2 shades of Smokey Grey cardstocks and Peeled paint and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide.
- Simply Classic Rectangle Frame Die HCD2-7383$34.99
- Wild Aster Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3887$19.99Out of stock
- Wild Aster Die HCD1-7257$29.99
- Leafy Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3835$19.99
- Leafy Accents Die HCD1-7193$29.99
- Floral Butterfly Accents Die HCD1-7353$29.99
- Floral Butterfly Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3952$19.99
- Lush Lilac Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3816$19.99
- Lush Lilac Die HCD1-7170$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Celebrate Love Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3847$19.99
- Rajni Chawla's Vellum Flowerite - 10 Sheets 18002$19.99
- Opaque Embossing Powder - White EP100$5.99
- Heat It Craft Tool RAHT$24.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - French Ultramarine RACP607$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sky Blue RACP656$8.99