Fold-up Birthday Cottage
Fold-up Birthday Cottage
Other Products: White cardstock, funnel tray, scissors, paper trimmer, die cutting machine
For more tips on creating with the Countryside Cottage Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/FSjAhrALJYs.
For more tips on creating with the Sea Breeze Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/FEQMFvu880o.
Instructions: Cut a piece of white cardstock to 10 x 7", score and fold at 5" & 7" to create a fold up card base. Cut a piece of blue sky paper from Countryside Cottage paper collection to 3 3/4 x 7" size. Score at 2" lengthwise. Sponge bottom half of card base with Vivid Chartreuse ink to create the look of a lawn. Sponge outer edges of blue sky panel with Forget-me-not ink and attach onto card as shown.
All the following images were stamped onto white cardstock and diecut with the coordinating dies. Stamp 2 of the picket fence from HCPC-3890 Sea Breeze Harbor Cling Stamp Set in Viridian ink and diecut. Stamp 2 of the cottage from HCPC-3938 Countryside Cottage Cling Stamp Set in Sepia ink and diecut. Stamp and diecut the cottage again, this time in Garden Patina ink. For 1 of the brown cottages, diecut out all the windows, doors and chimney. You’ll need the cutout pieces, so hang onto those for the moment. For the teal cottage, simply diecut out all windows and doors. These cutout pieces can be discarded or used for another project. Stamp 3 of the small shrubs from the same stamp set in Leaf Green ink and diecut. Using from HCPC-3939 Cottage Tree 'scapes Cling Stamp Set, stamp 1 of the bare tree in Sepia, 3 leaf clusters in Leaf Green, and 2 flower clusters in Magenta Hue and diecut. Using from HCPC-3940 Cottage Summer 'scapes Cling Stamp Set, stamp 2 of the grass in Leaf Green and little birdies in Forget-me-not ink and diecut. Stamp the ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment from HCPC-3843 Special Birthday Sentiments Cling Stamp Set in Leaf Green onto white cardstock. Fussy cut each word and color with Leaf Green ink.
Use the Stack and Store daubers along with the following inks to color the images. For the cottage, you will only need to color the teal one, plus the brown diecut pieces. For the roof, use Sunflower and Sepia. Use Viridian on the rest of cottage. Color the brown windows and doors with Cactus Flower and Sunflower. Use Sunflower and Sepia on the brown chimney. Now layer the teal cottage directly onto the brown one that has windows, door and chimney diecut. Next layer it onto the remaining brown cottage using glue and dimensional adhesive. Adhere the colored windows, door and chimney as pictured. Next trim off the bottom section of picket fence, so it is approx. 3/4" tall. You only need the right end section of both fences. These will be used to create a small backyard fence border. Sponge bottom of fence with Leaf Green to give the look of grass. Color the shrubs, grass and leaf clusters with Leaf Green as well. Color the bare tree with Sunflower and Sepia. Color the tiny flowers with Magenta Hue and use Vivid Chartreuse on the leaves. Color the little birdies with Garden Patina and Sunflower on the bellies.
Use the stylus from Deluxe Flower Shaping kit to shape flowers, leaves, birdies, shrubs and grass. Cut apart the leaves and add onto tree. Save 2 small leaf sections for the inside of card. Do the same with the itty bitty flowers. Add the little birdies to tree. Now attach the small fence along the right and left side of card right along bottom of ‘sky’ paper. You can temporarily place cottage to help with placing the fence. Next, attach the cottage. Add some Sepia ink in front of step to create the look of a walkway. Attach the green grass next to it and trim off the edges. Add the shrubs around the cottage. Stamp the grass patches onto card in Leaf Green as shown and lightly sponge with the same. Use glue and dimensional adhesive to attach tree. Add ‘Happy birthday’ sentiment as pictured. Cut apart some background paper and attach to fit inside of card. Attach the small leaf sections on the right and left inside of card to hold it in a fold up position. Use the Dries Clear glue along with Baby’s Breath glitter for a touch of sparkle on the card as desired.
- Countryside Cottage Die HCD1-7332$29.99
- Cottage Tree 'scapes Die HCD1-7333$29.99
- Cottage Summer 'scapes Die HCD1-7334$29.99
- Countryside Cottage Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3938$19.99
- Cottage Tree 'scapes Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3939$19.99
- Cottage Summer 'scapes Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3940$19.99
- Countryside Cottage Paper Collection HCDP1-2123$24.99
- Sea Breeze Harbor Die HCD1-7264$29.99Discontinued)
- Sea Breeze Harbor Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3890$19.99
- Special Birthday Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3843$19.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vivid Chartreuse RACP531$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sepia RACP505$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sunflower RACP005$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Garden Patina RACP992$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Forget-Me-Not RACP412$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Magenta Hue RACP614$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Cactus Flower RACP985$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Viridian RACP669$8.99
- Out of stock
- Double Dots 100pc. -3D Foam Circles DDOTS$4.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99