Festive Window Scene
Cut a piece of white card stock measuring 8 1/2 x 6” and score at 4 1/4” to create a side folding card base. Using the largest die from the HCPC-31016 Ornate Window Die set to cut through both layers of the card base making sure that the left side of the die hangs over the left side some to preserve some of the fold line. This will form a shaped card base. Now cut a piece of white card stock with the same die and glue straight on top of the card base to give that fold line side a finished look. Using this same die cut once from Sheet 11A from the HCDP1-2152 Festive Christmas Paper Collection (reserve this one for the inside). From the HCDP1-2130 Home for the Holidays Paper Collection using the inside window die cut a scene from sheet 1B for inside the window. Using this shape and size as a guideline also cut a piece of clear acetate slightly larger than this piece. Set both of these aside until the assembly process.
Stamp the HCPC-31016 Ornate Window Cling Stamp Set 3x onto red Card Stock with Versamark Ink after treating first with an anti static tool. Heat emboss using Gold Embossing Powder. Die cut just the top arch from one and the entire window from the other two using the coordinating dies. Attach one full window to the card front. Using a razor blade style knife and a cutting mat, cut the window opening down the center, across the bottom, and down from the top center till the first hinge along both sides. Score gently along the sides from hinge to hinge to open the window. Set the window pieces aside.
Next, stamp the Birdies on the Branch stamp from the HCPC-31027 Festive Berry & Birdies Cling Stamp Set 2x with Black archival ink onto white card stock. Color using the Stack and Store daubers using French Ultramarine and Poppy Inks for the birds and Emerald Green and Vivid Chartreuse for the leaves. For the finer details of the branches and tiny leaves use Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. Now with the same colors Stamp the leaf and berry branch out from the HCPC-31026 Christmas Lantern Cling Stamp Set and color in the same manner. Die cut with the coordinating dies. (Note: for one of the birdie branches trim off the birdies as just the branch will be used for foliage at the top of the window.)
Next, stamp out 6 poinsettias from the HCPC-3881 Christmas Poinsettia and Holly Cling Stamp Set in Red Geranium Archival ink onto Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper. Color with the same. Die cut with the coordinating dies then using Stack and Store Daubers darken the edges of each petal. Glaze each flower using 3D Crystal Lacquer with a paint brush. Allow to dry. Then shape using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Mold and glue Gold Micro Beads to the centers.
Now, to assemble the window shaker card; Taking the open window piece and carefully attach the two birdie pieces to the window gluing to the backside of the window. These will be on the outside of the acetate but made to look as they are outside the window in perspective. Turn the window face down and glue the acetate down to the back of the window attaching all the way around and also directly to the back of the birdie and branches you just attached. Give this a little time to dry. Now add two layers of 3D foam tape around the window opening making sure to seal in the opening completely so that the shaker bits do not fall out. Treat this inner well area with an anti static tool. Now add in the shaker bits (sequins and micro beads were added to this sample). Remove the foam tape backers and cover the well with the scene cut from the Home For the Holidays Paper Collections. Then Glue the entire front window to the back window to complete the shaker unit.
To finish the front of the window add the embossed top detail using 3D foam dots. Then using a glue gun attach the leaf and berry sprig to the top left of the window along with 2 of the poinsettias. Lastly, add the last poinsettia to the bottom right. For the inside of the card trim down the patterned paper previously cut so that it fits inside nicely, then simply cut an arched piece of white card stock using the Ornate Window die set to add to the inside for a written message.
Other Products: Poppy Archival Ink, Versamark Ink, Paint Brush, Gold Micro Beads, Clear Micro Beads, Red Card Stock, Anti Static Tool, Sequins, 3D Foam Tape, 3D Foam Dots, Glue Gun, Glue Sticks, Razor Type Tool, Cutting Mat, Scissors, Die Cut Machine
- Festive Christmas Paper Collection HCDP1-2152$24.99
- Festive Berry & Birdies Cling Stamp Set HCPC-31027$19.99
- Festive Berry & Birdies Die HCD1-7463$29.99Out of stock
- Christmas Lantern Cling Stamp Set HCPC-31026$19.99
- Christmas Lantern Die HCD1-7462$29.99
- Ornate Window Cling Stamp Set HCPC-31016$19.99Out of stock
- Ornate Window Die HCD1-7452$29.99
- Home for the Holidays Paper Collection HCDP1-2130$24.99Out of stock
- Christmas Poinsettia & Holly Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3881$19.99Out of stock
- Christmas Poinsettia & Holly Die HCD1-7249$29.99Out of stock
- 3D Christmas Poinsettia Shaping Mold HCFB1-478$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 6 HCDA1-449$14.99
- Clear Cardstock 8.5 x 11 GBKK811B1$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black RACP468$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - French Ultramarine RACP607$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Emerald Green RACP447$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vivid Chartreuse RACP531$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Red Geranium RACP993$8.99
- Embossing Powder - Gold 359760$5.99
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer 4 oz 3D1844$6.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - 48 Pack 478594$169.99
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99Out of stock