Fabulous Friend Gatefold
Card size: 4 3/4” x 6 3/4". Start with white cardstock measuring 6 3/4" x 8 1/4", score at 1 3/4" and again at 6 1/2". Fold both scores in toward center to make a gatefold. Cut lavender decorative paper with roses 5 1/8” x 6 1/2" then die cut it with the gatefold Classic Companion die (make sure die is centered on paper). You will now have the front 2 “gate” pieces. Cut another piece of lavender decorative paper with roses for the inside of card measuring 4 5/8” x 6 1/2". Glue the inside panel on centering, then glue the 2 outside gate panels on making sure they meet in the center of card, (this should give about 1/8” border of white).
Stamp Rose Frame and Rose Border x2 using black ink then color (Copic Markers used here). Glue the frame inside of card and the 2 borders on each gate flap about 1/2” up from the bottom of decorative paper. Add white acrylic paint dots (like Baby’s Breath) around borders and inside on and extending from stamped Baby’s Breath.
Stamp Classic Roses on Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using Deep Purple then sponge with Majestic Violet (2 largest roses not used on this card). Stamp the leaves on the same paper using Fern Green then sponge with Leaf Green. Die cut all and shape in the 3D Mold. Finish shaping roses and rose buds using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Use hot glue to put them together (except buds as they are very small and this would likely burn your fingers). Punch very small green flowers with a pointy type flower punch to make the bud sepals then glue them onto the bottoms of the buds.
Glue the leaves and flowers onto each side of the gate at the top. Glitter flowers if desired and card if desired.
Make a Bellyband: Cut white cardstock 1 1/4" x 11” then score at 3 3/8" and 8 3/8" leaving about 4 7/8” open in the center for width of card plus a bit of wiggle room. Cut a piece of lavender decorative paper 1” x 11” then glue onto white after scoring the same as the white cardstock. Glue the band together making sure card will easily fit inside. The seam line is the top, cover the seam line with a rose, leaves and a tag with ribbon. Stamp the tag (before gluing to band) with desired sentiment using Deep Purple.
Slip the band onto card from the bottom to keep the card closed.
Other Products: White Cardstock, white acrylic paint, ribbon, hot glue, Copic markers
- Elegant Rose Frames Paper Collection HCDP1-2144$24.99
- Stylish Rose Frame Cling Stamp Set HCPC-31003$19.99
- Stylish Rose Frame Die HCD1-7421$29.99
- Classic Companion Border Die HCD2-7400$34.99
- Album Tags and Accents Die HCD1-7202$29.99Out of stock
- Just For You Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3845$19.99
- Classic Rose Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3752$19.99
- Classic Rose Die HCD1-7110$29.99Out of stock
- 3D Rose Shaping Mold HCFB1-462$29.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Deep Purple RACP430$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Majestic Violet RACP494$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern Green RACP962$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black TSMP900$7.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99