Other Products: White Cardstock, Sap Green Archival Ink, White String, White Seam Binding, Scor-Tape, Die Cut Machine, Magnets, Hot Glue Gun
For more tips on creating with the Wild Rose Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/2ALPhFnT-qI.
Instructions: Click here to view more photos of this proect. My finished folio measures 6 1/2" x 8 1/2". To make the folio cut (2) 11” x 6 1/2" pieces of cardstock. I used 1/2" Scor-tape and adhered the two pieces together to make a 22” piece of cardstock. I scored on either side of the tape and folded. This makes the folio shape. Next I measured each side to 8 1/2" and trimmed.
I always finish the inside of the folio first so let’s begin. Cover the bottom portion of the inside with a pretty piece of the paper collection. I also cut a piece to cover the 1/2” fold and glued it down. Cut a piece of white cardstock with the Rounded Lattice Window die and also cut a piece of the paper collection to go behind. Glue the two pieces together then using glue on the curved portion of the die cut glue the piece to the bottom portion. This makes a pocket. I cut out a tag using white cardstock and more of the pretty paper. I took a piece of white seam binding and wet it and scrunched it and allowed to dry. When dry I used this for the tie on the tag. I glued a piece of paper to a tea bag which made it match the folio and inserted it into the pocket. I also hot glued a piece of the paper to a honey stick and cut the end into a flag shape.
Next we need to make a few flowers. Stamp the flowers with Magenta Hue Archival ink; do a few of the small flowers with buttercup. I used Archival Fern Green to stamp the leaves. These are all stamped onto the Flower Shaping Paper. Use coordinating dies to cut out the flowers and leaves. I used Stack and Store daubers with Magenta Hue and Buttercup Ink to color the flowers. On the pink flowers I colored the centers with Sap Green ink. On the leaves I used Magenta Hue in the center and Leaf Green around the edges. Lay the petals onto the shaping molds. Spritz with water and run through the die cutting machine. Lay out to dry. Once dry punch a hole in the centers and put the stamens into the holes. I use hot glue on the back of the petals to hold the stamens in place. I put glitter on the center stamen and on the flower petals. Allow to dry. On the yellow flowers I used prills as the centers. Allow them to dry. Hot glue a few flowers and leaves to the pocket with the tea bag and the honey stick.
Now we are moving onto the top inside of the folio. Here we want a fold out so cut a piece of white cardstock to measure 6 3/4" x 8. Score at 1/2” down the 6 3/4" side. Cut a piece of the pretty paper to fit the top piece of the folio and use Scor-Tape to adhere the white cardstock piece. Before you begin to cover the fold out portion, or the top part of the folio, apply a couple of magnets. Now glue down the paper over the 1/2" piece and you now have a fold out. I just chose more pretty paper to cover the fold out so you can add a photo or you could do some journaling on that. I also did a 2 1/2" pocket here and filled it with more tags cut from the paper. I cut a tag from the paper to decorate the pocket as well as two corner pieces cut from the paper collection. Always remember to make your project your own. Always decorate to suit your own taste…you can do as much or as little as you want.
Moving to the front cover of the folio, pick a bold piece of the paper and cover. Die Cut the white cardstock pieces: (2) of the Swirly Accent Spray die and the Eyelet Oval & Basics Small Die. Glue down the Swirly Accent pieces to the front of the folio. Then use the Eyelet Oval & Basics Large Die to cut an oval out of the paper collection. Glue the paper piece to the white eyelet oval piece. I used Double Dots to pop this oval piece up from the rest of the front to give more dimension.
Now it is time to add your flowers and leaves onto the front. Once I decided on the placement, I used hot glue to attach everything. The folio is finished.
Folios are really easy and make great gift items for friends and family.
- Large 3D Wild Rose Shaping Mold HCFB1-487$29.99
- Large Wild Rose Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3907$19.99
- Large Wild Rose Die HCD1-7290$29.99
- Small 3D Wild Rose Shaping Mold HCFB1-486$29.99
- Small Wild Rose Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3906$19.99
- Small Wild Rose Die HCD1-7289$29.99
- Wild Rose Paper Collection HCDP1-2113$24.99
- Eyelet Oval & Basics Small Die HCD1-7156$29.99
- Eyelet Oval & Basics Large Die HCD1-7157$29.99
- Album Tags and Accents Die HCD1-7202$29.99Out of stock
- Ornamental Tags Die HCD1-7203$29.99
- Swirly Accent Spray Die HCD1-7263$29.99
- Rounded Lattice Window Die HCD1-7274$34.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Rock Candy Stamens-Small HCS1-459-4$9.99
- Rose Hip Stamens - Large HCS1-490$19.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern Green RACP962$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Buttercup RACP632$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Cactus Flower RACP985$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Magenta Hue RACP614$8.99
- Groove Golf Tool Set DMCT4185$35.99Discontinued)
- Double Dots 100pc. -3D Foam Circles DDOTS$4.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Lemon Chiffon Prills ANC809$5.99