Eye Poppin' Poppies
Eye Poppin' Poppies
Other Products: Balmy blue, early espresso ink pads - stampin up!, Bright Sunshine, Basil leaf & Summer sky blending ink - Cosmic shimmer, hot glue, garden green cardstock - stampin up!, brown gift bag, sequined clear sticks (purchased from home decor dept), black ink, organza ribbon
To see how to shape the poppy, watch the video at https://youtu.be/83jv-zjmdag.
For more tips on creating with the Cherry Blossom Retreat collection, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/OaA2da5H-E0.
Instructions: Click here to view a larger photo of this project. Make the flowers: Stamp the poppies onto deluxe flower shaping paper using balmy blue ink. Colour the centre using bright sunshine and add the summer sky ink the to outer edge of the petals. Die cut the flowers and colour the reverse of the petals with summer sky. Spritz the reverse of the poppies with water and use the flower shaping tools and grove golf tools to shape the flowers, allow to thoroughly dry. Poke a hole through the centre of the flowers and thread through stamens, secure in place with hot glue. Brush dries clear glue to the ends of petals and cover with crystal clear, remove excess and allow to dry.
Make the leaves: Stamp the daisy leaves onto the deluxe flower shaping paper using early espresso ink. Colour with Basil leaf blending ink and die cut. Colour the reverse of the leaves with basil leaf ink and spritz lightly with water. Shape using the flower shaping tools. Allow to thoroughly dry.
Die cut 4 of the large Daydreams Bridge die using garden green card stock and adhere one to the bag to the top right.
Cut a 6.75" square piece of paper from the paper collection and adhere to the bag. Position the remaining 3 Daydreams Bridge die cuts onto the bag and glue into place.
Cut a label from the paper collection and stamp the sentiment onto it using black ink, hot glue into position at the top of the bag.
Snip approximately 5 pieces of sequined sticks and position with a little hot glue. Snip the excess stamen wires off the flowers and glue into position along with the leaves.
Tie 2 bows to the handle of the bags and secure with a small amount of hot glue.
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Groove Golf Tool Set DMCT4185$35.99Out of stock
- Pastel Pearl Stamens-Medium HCS1-457-2$9.99
- Pastel Pearl Stamens-Small HCS1-457-1$9.99
- Cherry Blossom Retreat Paper Collection HCDP1-2100$24.99Discontinued)
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Today's Quotes Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3813$19.99
- Daydreams Bridge Die HCD1-7233$29.99
- Delightful Daisy Die HCD1-760$29.99Out of stock
- Delightful Daisies Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3656$19.99Out of stock
- Blazing Poppy Die HCD1-764$29.99Discontinued)
- Blazing Poppy Petals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3674$19.99