Dragonfly Shadow Box Card
Dragonfly Shadow Box Card
Score a piece of 10" x 7" piece of Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper at 5" and fold to make a 5" x 7" card base. Die cut this card base using the largest die from Teardrop Lattice Gateway die so that the fold line is just inside the cutting edge to create a shaped card base. Die cut a piece of pattern paper from Decorative Dragonfly Paper Collection using the 3 largest dies from the same set. Die cut a piece of Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using the largest and the 3rd largest dies and a piece of pattern paper using the largest die from the same set. Adhere the pattern paper die cut on the white solid die cut. Die cut a piece of Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using the die from Classic Butterfly Companion die and then fussy cut around the flowers and leaves to create a vine as shown. Adhere this behind the left edge of the gateway piece.
Take a 2" x 3" piece of clear cardstock and score it at every 1/2" then fold to make a 'W' shape. cut it into 1/2" strips to create 6 'W' pieces. These will be the springs for our shadow box card. Adhere one edge of these pieces behind the gateway piece we created, 2 on each side and one on top of the arch and one at the bottom edge. Adhere the other edge of these pieces behind the solid pattern paper die cut to create the shadow box. Adhere this on the card base.
Stamp the images from Daydream Florals Cling Stamp set and Dragonfly Florals cling stamp set on a piece of Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using Jet Black Archival ink. Color them using Zig Clean color real brush markers and water brush. Die cut them using matching dies from Daydream Florals die and Dragonfly Florals die. Die cut one more piece of white cardstock using the same dies and adhere them behind the colored pieces. Adhere them on the card as shown using foam strips.
Stamp the dragonfly images from Decorative Dragonfly cling stamp set on a piece of vellum using VersaColor white pigment ink and heat emboss using white embossing powder and heat tool. Die cut them using matching dies from Decorative Dragonfly die. Apply a little dries clear glue on them using hydra sponge and sprinkle Rajni Chawla's crystal clear glitter. Adhere 2 smaller dragonflies around the flowers. Die cut the largest dragonfly's body from Luxe silver cardstock and adhere it behind the vellum dragonfly. Take a 3" x 1/4" piece of clear cardstock and score it at every 1/4" and accordion fold it. Fold it in half and adhere one end on the card base and adhere the largest dragonfly on the other end.
Other Products: Scissors, die cut machine
- Decorative Dragonfly Paper Collection HCDP1-2138$24.99
- Decorative Dragonfly Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3983$19.99
- Decorative Dragonfly Die HCD1-7394$29.99
- Daydream Florals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3984$19.99
- Daydream Florals Die HCD1-7395$29.99
- Dragonfly Florals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3985$19.99
- Dragonfly Florals Die HCD1-7396$29.99
- Classic Butterfly Companion Die HCD2-7401Special Price $20.99 Regular Price $34.99
- Teardrop Lattice Gateway Die HCD2-7337$34.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Clear Cardstock 8.5 x 11 GBKK811B1$8.99
- Rajni Chawla's Vellum Flowerite - 10 Sheets 18002$19.99
- Opaque Embossing Powder - White EP100$5.99
- VersaColor Pigment Ink Pad - White TSVP080$6.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Jet Black RACP468$8.99
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - 48 Pack 478594$169.99
- Color In Watercolor Brush - Fine 409311$5.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Adhesive Foam Strips - 72 Pieces GBWF18375$4.99
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99
- 5pc. Acrylic Block Set SUAH05$18.99
- Heat It Craft Tool RAHT$24.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00