Diecut Foldout Easel
Diecut Foldout Easel
Finished card with the flowers measures 4 1/4 x 6 1/2”. My inspiration for this card came from a card created by Jan B. See her card here. I just changed it up a bit so that I could use the Heartfelt Creations vase instead of the flower pot. Thank you Jan B. for the inspiration!
Create two white card bases. For the first one, cut white cardstock 4 1/4 x 11”, score at 3” and 5 1/2”. For the second one, cut white cardstock 4 1/4 x 10 3/4” and score at 5 3/8”. Using the large vase die from the Classic Floral Vase set, place at the bottom of the open large card base and partially die cut up to the 3” score line. The best way to do this is place the card base on the bottom cutting plate so that the end of the plate is at the score line. Using a scissor, cut way the excess card on each side of the base on the score line. Stamp the vase on sheet 12B of the Sweet Pea Paper Collection using archival Deep Purple ink and edge with the same ink. Diecut again from white cardstock, ink the edges and adhere the two together. Diecut the decorative die x2 from white cardstock and adhere together using dries clear adhesive. Fussy cut an oval from white cardstock to fit on the back of the decorative diecut. I’m the worst fussy cutter in the world so don’t judge me lol. Adhere this to the back of the top of the vase. Set all the diecuts aside.
Using dries clear adhesive adhere the second card base to the inside of the first card base upside down so that the fold is at the bottom. Cut gorgeous grape cardstock x2 - 4 x 5 1/8”, x2 - 4 x 2 1/4” and x1 - 4 x 5 1/4” (this one is for the center section when the card is open). Cut white cardstock 3 7/8 x by 5 1/8” stamp the sentiment ‘sending you a hug’ from the Just For You Sentiments Cling Stamp set and stamp a partial image of the Vining Sweet Pea at the bottom using Archival Deep Purple ink. Adhere the white to the purple and adhere to the center inside section. Cut paper from the Sweet Pea Paper Collection, sheet 3B, 2x - 3 7/8 x 5” and 2x – 3 7/8 x 2 1/8”. Ink all the edges with the Deep Purple and adhere these to the gorgeous grape pieces. Adhere the matted layers to the panels of the card base.
Adhere the vase diecuts to the card base. Stamp the ‘You are so thoughtful’ sentiment from the Just For You Sentiments Cling Stamp set on white cardstock using Deep Purple ink, diecut using the Majestic Swirl die, ink the edges and adhere to the card base as shown using three layers of dimensional tape to act as a stop for the easel.
Stamp the Sweet Pea flowers and leaves on Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using Deep Purple and Leaf Green inks, color the centers of the flowers with the Deep Purple and color the leaves with the Leaf Green. Stamp and color the calyx using Leaf Green. Diecut all using the coordinating dies, add more color to all the edges and color the backs of the flowers and leaves. Place the flower petals, the leaves and the calyx in the 3D Sweet Pea Mold face down, spritz with water and run through the diecutting machine to shape. Add a little additional shaping using the Deluxe Flower shaping kit. Adhere the three petals to the top of the two petals and the calyx to the bottom to create flowers. Create one large and two small flowers and two large and three small leaves. Sponge with dries clear adhesive and sprinkle with Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear glitter.
Stamp the Vining Sweet Pea on Deluxe Flower Shaping paper x4, twice using Leaf Green ink, once using Vibrant Fuchsia ink and once using Majestic Violet ink, diecut using the coordinating dies and color using the same inks. Fussy cut the small fuchsia flowers and one large violet flower adhere to the green diecut stems and lightly shape using the Deluxe Flower Shaping kit. Sponge with dries clear adhesive and sprinkle with Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear glitter.
Adhere the dimensional Sweet Pea flowers, the leaves and the fuchsia vining flowers to the decorative die on the vase using hot glue. Adhere a couple of vines on the vase. Adhere the majestic Violet vining flower to the inside and one small Fuchsia flower on the sentiment tag,
Add some awesome sparkle by randomly sponging the diecuts and the designer papers using dries clear adhesive and sprinkle with Crystal Ultrafine Transparent glitter.
Other Products: White Cardstock, Gorgeous Grape Cardstock, Diecutting Machine, Misti, Hot Glue Gun, Scissor
- Sweet Pea Paper Collection HCDP1-2137$24.99
- Classic Floral Vase Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3982$19.99
- Classic Floral Vase Die HCD1-7393$29.99
- Sweet Pea Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3980$19.99
- Sweet Pea Die HCD1-7391$29.99
- 3D Sweet Pea Shaping Mold HCFB1-5010$29.99
- Vining Sweet Pea Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3981$19.99
- Vining Sweet Pea Die HCD1-7392$29.99
- Majestic Swirl Frames Die HCD2-7308$34.99
- Just For You Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3845$19.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99Out of stock
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99
- Heat It Craft Tool RAHT$24.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vibrant Fuchsia RACP524$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Deep Purple RACP430$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Majestic Violet RACP494$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99