Other Products: Ribbon: Organza, Satin , Pearls. Hot glue gun, Foam Inking tools, Double sided tape, Ranger Archival Ink Pad-Saffron, Glitter, Fussy cutting scissors, Water spritzer, Misti inking tool, Nuvo Crystal Drops-Red Berry, Shaved glass/diamond dust.
For more ideas on creating with the Elegant Gateway Dies and Accents, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/H6fZTiYUH_w.
For more tips on creating with the Dazzling Dahlia Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/KIIpo2C9oDs.
Instructions: This gatefold card measures 7 inches high and 5 inches wide when closed. Using the gateway fold card for the card base, cut the two side panels down the centre in the length so you have two half fronts like doors.
To mat the card base, use the sheet #9B for the matting. Die cut the matting by using the die from the scalloped Flourish Gateway set, trim this to fit a little smaller than the card base where needed, also cutting in the length. Adhere in place to the card inside and the card front.
Using this same paper sheet #9B die cut the lacey elements needed for the card from the Scalloped Flourish Gateway die set. Three times of the bottom die and four times the rounded top die in the set (half circle). Ink the edges with the red geranium ink. Two of the rounded die cuts are adhered together so both sides are the same. Adhere this to the left door so it forms a half circle and crosses over to the right side door. Adhere a half circle lace next to this so it forms a full circle. Adhere a half circle to above this on the card. To the right side adhere the other die cuts as seen in the photo. The remaining die cut will be used for the inside of the card.
Taking the Lattice Swirl Gateway die set and from the collection paper sheet #5A make the die cut. Remove the sentiment part of the die cut and adhere the remainder of the lace frame to the card inside.
Taking the sentiment part of this die and the sheet #9B die cut the sentiment. With the Large Circle die set, chose the circle that fits to the sentiment that has been cut. Make this into a circle. Die cut this circle three times from the white cardstock. Adhere all the circles together. Adhere the letters from the die cut sentiment back into the circle. Ink with the red geranium ink. The words will also stand out more by doing this. Adhere to the adhered lace frame on the card in its place. Adhere the remaining die cut under the sentiment circle as shown. Curl the two half fronts of the card base so the tops show the inside of the card.
Using the white cardstock, the stamp sets and the library ink make the dahlias and leaves. The three dahlias have two petal layers each. One large and one smaller layer. Stamp enough for three flowers and colour them with the saffron and the red geranium inks. The centres are filled with the shaved glass. There are seven leaves used for this card. Colour these using the green inks. Die cut and shape these petals and leaves using the matching molds and the water spritzer. Before adhering the petals together the glitter is applied. Apply clear drying adhesive with the hydra sponge then dip int the glitter. Do the same with all the leaves. The smaller flowers from the Tweet Cherry Blossoms sets are made the same way except these have stamens as flower centres. The stamens are threaded through a hole made in the centre of the flower, secured with the hot glue gun. Then they are dipped into the glitter and set aside to dry. Once dry, trim away the stamen ends ready to use. Make as many as needed for the card in different sizes. Taking the Wild Aster Spray sets and make at least six sprays, ink these with the olive ink. Apply the nuvo crystal drops to the berries in the sprays. Make a banner sentiment for the card using the white card stock, library ink and the ‘You’re an amazing friend’ from the Elegant Gateway Sentiments stamp set. Use the Olive ink to ink the edges of the banner. Make two half bows from the organza, pearl and the satin ribbons.
To adhere all the elements to the card: Adhere two dahlias to the left side of the card front door. The placement is to the top of the lace circle and under the curled part. Adhere the remaining dahlia to the right side in the curl of the door, before adhering, checking so it will still open and close. Arrange and adhere the leaves in place then all the smaller flowers and the sprays to both doors. Adhere the ribbons and the sentiment. Arrange and adhere the flowers and sprays to the card inside as pictured.
- Elegant Gateway Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3930$19.99
- 5" x 7" Gateway Fold Card - White HCCB1-495$10.99
- Scalloped Flourish Gateway Die HCD2-7325$34.99
- Lattice Swirl Gateway Die HCD2-7328$34.99
- Dazzling Dahlia Paper Collection HCDP1-2121$24.99
- 3D Dahlia Shaping Mold HCFB1-494$29.99
- Dazzling Dahlia Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3928$19.99
- Dazzling Dahlia Die HCD1-7323$29.99
- Dahlia and Leaves Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3929$19.99
- Dahlia and Leaves Die HCD1-7324$29.99
- Circle Basics Large Die HCD1-7155$29.99
- Tweet Cherry Blossoms Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3866$19.99Discontinued)
- Tweet Cherry Blossoms Die HCD1-7230$29.99Discontinued)
- Wild Aster Spray Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3888$19.99
- Wild Aster Spray Die HCD1-7258$29.99
- Assorted Pearl Stamens-Small HCS1-459-1$9.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 6 HCDA1-449$14.99Out of stock
- Nuvo Crystal Drops - Dandelion Yellow NU673$3.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Red Geranium RACP993$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Fern Green RACP962$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Tea Rose RACP663$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Library Green RACP475$8.99Discontinued)
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99