Dahlia Blooms for You
Other Products: White cardstock, dimensional adhesive, water mister, hot glue, hot glue gun, scissors, funnel tray, paper trimmer, die cutting machine
For more tips on creating with the Dazzling Dahlia Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/KIIpo2C9oDs.
Instructions: Cut a piece of white cardstock to 9 1/2 x 6", score and fold at 4 3/4" to create card base. Cut a light green paper from Dazzling Dahlia paper collection to 4 3/4 x 6" size. Lightly sponge the edges of paper with Sunflower ink and attach directly onto card base. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 4 1/2 x 5 3/4" size. Use the circle from Courtyard Elegance die to diecut an offset circle opening on the left side as shown. Now diecut the matching decorative die, extending the edge over left side of white cardstock to coordinate with circle opening. Stamp a background dahlia in Vibrant Fuchsia onto the 4 1/2 x 5 3/4" panel. For a soft background, be sure to stamp off the ink onto scrap paper first, then directly onto panel. Use daubers along with Vibrant Fuchsia and Sunflower ink to add a pop of color on background. Add a little of the Vibrant Fuchsia to decorative circle as well. Use glue and dimensional adhesive to attach the panel and decorative circle onto card.
Stamp both stemmed dahlia from Dahlia and Leaves Cling Stamp Set in Olive ink onto flower shaping paper and diecut with coordinating dies. Stamp 5 of the smaller dahlia petals from Dazzling Dahlia Cling Stamp Set in Lighthouse ink onto the paper and diecut with coordinating dies. Stamp the ‘Just for you’ sentiment in Vibrant Fuchsia ink onto white cardstock and cut to 9/16 x 2 1/8" size.
Use the Stack and Store daubers to color the flowers and leaves. Color dahlia stems and leaves with Leaf Green and a touch of Sunflower ink. Color the backside of petals with Vibrant Fuchsia ink. Flip over and color with Pink Peony, followed a darker shading of Vibrant Fuchsia and a pop of Sunflower. Use a hydra sponge to apply a light touch of Crystal Lacquer over the petals and leaves. Once petals and leaves are dry, use the dahlia shaping mold and shaping stylus to shape the petals. For one of the petals, cut off petals and curl to form petals that are not fully open. These will go in the center of large flower. Curl inner edges of remaining petals, all except 1. Cut the last petal in half and cut lengthwise into each petal. Shape each half into buds. As you shape petals, use hot glue, and then also to assemble the flower as shown. Take 6 strings of stamen from Bridal Bouquet Stamens, add Sunflower ink to tips for a nice pop of color. Thread stamens through the center of large flower. Use a scissors to trim away the green bud from rest of stem. In its place attach a shaped dahlia bud. Attach the other bud in the center of smaller flower. Use hot glue to attach flowers onto the stems and onto card as pictured. Lightly sponge edges of sentiment with Vibrant Fuchsia ink and attach onto card.
Dab some Dries Clear glue onto a sponge, apply over background of card and rest of card as desired, sprinkle with Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear and tap off. Use the Dries Clear glue along with Baby’s Breath glitter for a touch of sparkle on the dahlias, leaves and sentiment.
- Dazzling Dahlia Die HCD1-7323$29.99
- Dahlia and Leaves Die HCD1-7324$29.99
- Dazzling Dahlia Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3928$19.99
- Dahlia and Leaves Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3929$19.99
- Dazzling Dahlia Paper Collection HCDP1-2121$24.99
- 3D Dahlia Shaping Mold HCFB1-494$29.99
- Courtyard Elegance Die HCD1-7283$34.99
- Just For You Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3845$19.99
- Bridal Bouquet Stamens-Small HCS1-460$9.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 25 - White HCPP1-468$29.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Light House RACP771$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vibrant Fuchsia RACP524$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Pink Peony RACP649$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sunflower RACP005$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99Out of stock
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer 4 oz 3D1844$6.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99