Classically Framed Sunflowers
The ready top fold card measures 8″ by 6″. To prepare the white card base, cut one piece measuring 8″ by 6″ and the second piece 8 1/2″ by 6″. Score the second piece at 1/2″ on the longer side and glue the first piece on top. For the topmost layer, choose a teal color cardstock matching to the designer paper collection and cut 71/4″ by 5 1/4″. Next, cut a coordinating paper from the designer paper collection, 1/16" smaller on all the sides and layer it on the card front using foam tapes.
Cut 2 pieces of delicate frame from white cardstock using Simply Classic Rectangle Frame Die and glue them together to add strength. Adhere the ready frame on the solid cover die-cut, cut using the same die from white cardstock which is distressed using teal color distress ink. Inlay the leftover gold die cuts from your left over previous project back into the frame for the extra accent.
For Sunflowers, stamp multiple images of flower petals using Sunflower Archival ink and cut these using the coordinating dies. Paint the flower petals using Sunflower ink and Orange Tangelo Archival inks and shape them using a Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Prepare 2 large and 4 medium-sized flowers. Prick the holes in the center and secure the pollens with a heat tool. Stamp one size smaller petal from the same set using Library green/ Cobalt Blue archival ink on green color cardstock and cut them using coordinating dies. Using the crushing technique, create calyx and complete the flower by securing them behind each flower for the complete flower look.
Stamp 3-4 sets of leaves using Leafy Accent stamp and Olive Green Archival ink and cut them using its coordinating die. Color the leaves using the same inks and shape them using a deluxe flower shaping kit.
Stamp, color and cut few wisteria flowers using Leaf GreenFlower Archival ink and shape them using a flower shaping kit. Add flower pollens using a glossy accent and use these flowers as fillers.
Stamp the butterfly image from Floral Butterfly Accents Cling Stamp Set with Versafine on Rajni Chawla’s Vellum Flowerite and sprinkle gold heat embossing powder. Dust extras and heat set the image using a heat tool. Cut the butterfly using its coordinating die. Shape the butterfly with your hands.
Once, all the elements are ready, assemble the card as shown and complete the card by adding a sentiment from Special Birthday Sentiments Cling Stamp Set.
Other Products: Smooth white cardstock, Die Cutting machine, Score Board, Glossy Accent, Sharp pair of Scissors, Versamark Ink, Heat Tool
- Simply Classic Rectangle Frame Die HCD2-7383$34.99
- Rustic Sunflower Die HCD1-7364$29.99Out of stock
- Rustic Sunflower Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3962$19.99Out of stock
- Rustic Sunflower Paper Collection HCDP1-2131$24.99Out of stock
- Leafy Accents Die HCD1-7193$29.99Out of stock
- Leafy Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3835$19.99Out of stock
- Wisteria Petals Die HCD1-7295Discontinued)
- Wisteria Petals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3911$19.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99Out of stock
- Rock Candy Stamens-Small HCS1-459-4$9.99Out of stock
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Rajni Chawla's Vellum Flowerite - 10 Sheets 18002$19.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Bright Tangelo RACP487$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sunflower RACP005$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Embossing Powder - Gold 359760$5.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Double Dots 100pc. -3D Foam Circles DDOTS$4.99