Christmas Lantern & Birdies
Cut a piece of the flower shaping cardstock to 6 x 12", score and fold at 6". From the Festive Christmas Paper collection (sheet 12B), cut green paper to 6 x 6" size. Cut another piece of the cardstock to 5 13/16" x 5 13/16" size. Use from the HCD2-7308 Majestic Swirl Frames Die to diecut second largest rectangle from center of white panel at an angle. Cut two more pieces of the cardstock to a just slightly smaller size. Stamp the white panel with the ‘Merry Christmas’ sentiment from HCPC-31026 Christmas Lantern Cling Stamp Set. You’ll want to stamp the sentiment in Carnation Red and off onto scrap paper one time before onto the panel. Repeat this step 3 more times to create a background pattern as shown. Clean the stamp, then use the white VersaColor ink to create a shadow stamp by each of the red sentiments, then sprinkle with the Aged Ivory embossing powder and heat set. Also sponge the edges of the white panel with the same ink, sprinkle with the embossing powder and heat set. Lightly sponge the edges and top left and bottom right of rectangle with the Carnation Red ink. Layer this panel on top of two smaller panels and sponge the inside edges of rectangle with the Carnation Red ink. Also add some of the Frosting powder for sparkle. Sponge the edges of the green panel with the Leaf Green ink and attach onto card base. Then attach the white ‘Merry Christmas’ panel on top.
Using from the HCD2-7308 Majestic Swirl Frames Die, diecut the decorative rectangle 3 times from the white cardstock. Then also diecut the same from Luxe Gold cardstock. Use the second largest rectangle to diecut openings into each one. Layer the white decorative rectangles on top of each other for thickness and then attach onto the gold rectangle at a slight offset so that it shows. Sponge the inner edges of rectangle with Carnation Red ink. Cut a piece of clear cardstock to 5 1/8" x 3 1/8" size. From the HCPC-31026 Christmas Lantern Cling Stamp Set, use the lantern to stamp a pattern on the bottom right corner and top left corner of the rectangle. Stamp in VersaColor white, sprinkle with Aged Ivory embossing powder and heat set. Attach the clear cardstock onto the back of gold decorative rectangle. Then use thin strips of dimensional adhesive to attach around the rectangle for dimension. Attach the threaded ribbon on bottom right and top left rectangle opening on the card. Attach the decorative rectangles onto the card as shown.
Stamp the lantern twice from HCPC-31026 Christmas Lantern Cling Stamp Set in Olive onto the cardstock. Clean the stamp and use the gold Encore ink to stamp image onto the Luxe gold cardstock. Also stamp the berries from same set in Olive onto the cardstock. Stamp the “Merry Christmas’ from same set in Carnation Red ink onto the cardstock. Stamp the birdies from the HCPC-31028 Christmas Holly Accents Cling Stamp Set in Olive onto the cardstock. Diecut the images and the sentiment with the coordinating dies. For one of the lanterns, diecut the lantern piece for layering and save the rest for leafy fillers.
Use the Zig makers along with the blender to color the lantern, berry and birdies images. You’ll need the Carmine Red, Light Pink, Bright Yellow, Yellow, Pale Green, Light Green, Deep Green, Dark Brown & Beige markers to color the images. After the images are colored, apply a light touch of the Crystal Lacquer and let dry. Shape the images and layer the lantern onto gold image with hot glue. Layer single lantern piece on top. Attach onto the card as shown. Fill in with the leaves, berries and birdies. Lightly sponge bottom of sentiment with the Carnation Red and attach onto rectangle as shown. Apply the Dries Clear glue on top left and bottom right of card and sprinkle with Frosting Powder. Add some of the Gold solar glass beads too.
Other Products: Art Institute Gold Solar Glass Beads, Gold Threaded Ribbon, Hot Glue, Hot Glue Gun, Dimensional Adhesive, Funnel Tray, Scissors, Paper Trimmer, Diecutting Machine
- Festive Christmas Paper Collection HCDP1-2152Discontinued)
- Christmas Lantern Cling Stamp Set HCPC-31026Discontinued)
- Christmas Lantern Die HCD1-7462Discontinued)
- Christmas Holly Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-31028Discontinued)
- Christmas Holly Accents Die HCD1-7464Discontinued)
- Majestic Swirl Frames Die HCD2-7308Discontinued)
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 25 - White HCPP1-468$29.99
- Luxe Gold Cardstock HCGP1-488$14.99
- Clear Cardstock 8.5 x 11 GBKK811B1$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Carnation Red RACP399$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Olive RACP482$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Encore Ultimate Metallic Ink Pad - Gold TSUM10$9.99
- VersaColor Pigment Ink Pad - White TSVP080$6.99
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers - 48 Pack 478594$169.99Out of stock
- Color In Watercolor Brush - Fine 409311$5.99
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer 4 oz 3D1844$6.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Embossing Enamel - Aged Ivory FREG030$5.99Out of stock
- Embossing Powder - Gold 359760$5.99
- Rajni Chawla's Frosting Powder PGM15016$12.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99Out of stock
- Heat It Craft Tool RAHT$24.99