Cascading Birdcage Album
Other Products: Fussy cutting scissors, Hot glue gun, Inks: Spectrum Noir- Pale fig, Pine tree, Crushed velvet, Spring meadow, Grasshopper. Creative Artist water colour box (a local brand of water colour blocks). Double sided 3D foam tape, double sided tape. Diamond stickles, inking tools White card stock, Inking tools. Prima Marketing 1/2 Pearls
For more tips on creating with the Cascading Petals Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/DqhvfrsTI00.
For more ideas on creating with the 5 x 7 Decorative Frame Dies, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/qdBFA5VpmSo.
Instructions: Click here to view more photos of this album. This mini book measures 5 “ x 6 1/4” (12.5cm x 16cm). Taking the white cardstock and the cage die cut 9x the cage background. Cut also hinges for each page. To do this cut strips of card 4” x 1”. Make a fold at 1/2” along the long edge. Apply double sided tape to the cage base edges. Adhere the cage base to the hinge one for one. Trim to the shape of the cage bottom as you go. Find the design paper you would like to use for this mini book from the collection and die cut enough to cover all the pages. Taking the Green ink and inking tool, ink all the edges of the die cuts. Adhere the design paper cuts to the book pages. Taking the Pocket dies and the white cardstock cut enough for the pages wanted. Ink the borders with the green ink. When adhering in place, apply clear drying glue only to the sides and bottom edge so you will get a pocket. Use this same method when adhering the bird in place so you get a pocket to slip a tag behind the bird.
Taking the design paper, white cardstock and the tag die, cut enough so you have two tags for each pocket made.
The shield die is used for the matting and the inner die is used for the photos. The picture tag plate is placed for the journaling in the mini book. Adhere the 1/2 pearls to each side of the plate.
To decorate the book front, take the white cardstock and the inner lace cage die. Die cut 1x. Bring color to this using the green ink and inking tool. Apply clear drying glue using the hydra sponge. Dip or sprinkle glitter over this and leave to dry. When dry, adhere to the book front. Die cut a heart from the Eyelet heart die set that fits with the wisteria heart stamps. Color this with the Pale fig and Crushed velvet inks. Adhere to the cage front. Make the wisteria hearts, apply the glue to the wisteria flowers then dip into the glitter. When this is dry, adhere to the heart on the book front.
To decorate the book pages, make elements from the collection and adhere across the page so the leaves peek out. Birds x3, Wisteria heart sets x3, Heart X1, Wisteria branch x3, Branch x1, Tags x8, shield for photos x4, journaling photo plates x 4.
- Wisteria Petals Die HCD1-7295$29.99Out of stock
- Cascading Wisteria Die HCD1-7296$29.99Out of stock
- Floral Song Die HCD1-7297$29.99Out of stock
- Decorative Cage Die HCD1-7298$29.99Out of stock
- Wisteria Petals Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3911$19.99
- Cascading Wisteria Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3912$19.99
- Floral Song Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3913Discontinued)
- Cascading Petals Paper Collection HCDP1-2115$24.99Out of stock
- Decorative Oval Die HCD1-762Discontinued)
- Regal Borders and Pockets Die HCD1-779Discontinued)
- Ornamental Tags Die HCD1-7203Discontinued)
- Album Tags and Accents Die HCD1-7202Discontinued)
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Groove Golf Tool Set DMCT4185$35.99Out of stock
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Color In Watercolor Brush - Fine 409311$5.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99Out of stock
- Scor-Tool 368771$4.00
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99Out of stock