Belly Banded Beauty
Other Products: Smooth white cardstock, Satin cord, hot melted glue,
For more tips on creating with the Window Scene cards & dies, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/LnM95GR92ao.
For more tips on creating with the Tulip Time collection, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/rfYMxeNBmJk.
Instructions: Click here to view more photos of this project. Ready card measures 6” × 6”. First, cut a card mat from designer paper collection measuring 5 7/8” × 5 7/8”. Adhere it on card base. Cut another piece of designer paper of same size, cut one edge using Swirly Accents Spray die. Mat it on card base to create a pocket. Cut a border from white cardstock using Swirly Accents Spray die. Glue it on pocket as shown in the picture. Cut 2 circles using die from designer paper collection and cut them into half to create shutter mats and glue them. Cut 4 piece from white cardstock using Rounded Eyelet window die. Distress those with cactus flower ink and glue them.
To create a belly band, take a strip of white cardstock measuring 13” × 2”. Score on 3.5" and 9 7/8” from longer side. Fold score lines and glue both ends to create a band. Cut 2 strips from designer paper measuring 1 6/8” × 6”. Mat these on both sides of belly band. Cut 2 strips of white cardstock measuring 1” × 6” and 2 of designer paper measuring 7/8” × 6”. Adhere them on belly band. Take a piece of designer paper measuring 5” × 5” and create a envelope. Glue this envelope on belly band using dimensional tape. Cut 2 small card mats and 2 tags from designer paper collection and glue them in envelope . Stamp a sentiment on tag using cactus flower ink. Take a dark purple copic marker and highlight the edges of envelope. Cut a small doily from white cardstock and glue it on envelope. Cut keys from white cardstock using hinges die, tie them with satin cord. Glue cord in envelope as shown.
For Flowers, stamp tulip flowers using cactus flower ink on deluxe flower shaping paper and cut with coordinating die. Sponge flowers using majestic Violet ink and cactus flower ink. Shape flowers using groove tool and layer it. I used 3 layers for one flower. Add Rock Candy stamens small to the center of flowers. Stamp Cheery Pansy leaves using library green ink on deluxe flowers shaping paper. Cut with coordinating die and paint with leaf green archival. Shape leaves using shaping mold. Glue flowers and leaves on card using hot melted glue. For finished look apply crystal clear on flowers using glue that dries clear.
- 6" x 6" Shutter Fold Card - White HCCB1-480$10.99
- Ornamental Tags Die HCD1-7203$29.99
- Tulip Time Die HCD1-7218$29.99Discontinued)
- Cheery Pansy Die HCD1-7222$29.99Out of stock
- Rounded Window Frame Die HCD1-7271$34.99Out of stock
- Rounded Sunlight Window Die HCD1-7272$34.99
- Rounded Eyelet Window Die HCD1-7273$34.99
- Window Hinges Die HCD1-7285$29.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Wild Aster Paper Collection HCDP1-2106$24.99Out of stock
- Window Scenes Paper Collection HCDP1-2109$24.99Out of stock
- 3D Pansy Shaping Mold HCFB1-473$29.99
- Tulip Time Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3858$19.99Discontinued)
- Cheery Pansy Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3862$19.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Rock Candy Stamens-Small HCS1-459-4$9.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock