Backcountry Happy Birthday
Other Products: White cardstock, Dark green cardstock, Acrylic Shimmer additive, Brilliance Copper Ink, Copic Markers: C1, C2, C3, C5, W1, W3, W5, E53, E31, E33, E35, E97, E99, E51,E93,YR04, R43, R24, R39, G94, YG63, YG03, YG17, YG05, B91 ,93, B41, YR82
For more ideas on creating with the Special Sentiments Stamps & Dies, watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/-dYnAWXIH3E.
For more tips on creating with the Wilderness Retreat Collection watch the tutorial at https://youtu.be/wJ3oZUANnE8.
Instructions: Card size: 6 x 6 3/4". Make card base from dark green cardstock: Back is 6 x 6”, side flaps are 3 1/2 x 6” and 4 1/2 x 6”. Score 1/2" on 1 side of both flaps, fold down and score well. Draw a line on the other side of both at 1/4" then drawn in a tab (both flaps). Cut away above and below each tab (to reinforce tabs glue acrylic packaging [like dies are packaged in normally] over the tab and inward about 1”, this will be covered by paper later). Make a slot for the right flap in the back at 1 1/2"from left side by lining up the bottom of flap and back then drawing a line at the top and bottom of the tab made earlier. Use a ruler and craft knife to cut. Make a slot for the left flap into the right side flap at 2” from right side using the same method of lining up the bottoms then drawing lines at top and bottom of tab. (Nothing is glued together at this point because side flaps still have to be die cut with the mountains).
Using 2 pieces of the same paper design, cut panels for the inside back and both flaps (a continuous lake used in this sample). Save the sky for the inside mountains (die cut only because they are backwards) and for the die cut base of the large sentiment. The outside of the flaps are stamped scenes pieced together. Start with the mountains, you need 5 1/2" of mountains on each side so you have to stamp it once then mask the end and stamp again to lengthen mountains. When you die cut, be careful to only cut the tops not too far down so that you keep mountains together. You will want each mountain scape to be the width and height of the side flaps. Die cut a piece of sky paper along with the stamped mountains so that you have mountains for the inside of flaps (add a little color to make them look more like mountain ridges). Now place the die cut mountains on the dark green flaps then draw a line on cardstock, now cut the dark green cardstock flaps to match mountains. Color the mountains and tree line then color the rest of the panel green to blend in with other stamped elements. Glue the backward mountains on then glue the inside decorative paper lake on both side and the back. Now glue each flap to the back panel (in back) using the 1/2" scored tab.
To finish the inside: Stamp the ducks and 2 extra ducks, the deer set, bunny, squirrel, 2 cardinals, 2 sets of cattails and pine tree using Tuxedo Black, color with Copic markers. Glue deer over paper deer, bunny and squirrel on far left, ducks to the back right side. Glue cattails where needed.
Die cut large sentiment base from dark green (as well as the sky colored decorative paper die cut, glue them together then glue to the back panel over hanging top of back by about 3/4". Stamp and die cut sentiment using black then glue it to the sentiment base layer. Sponge copper ink on the edges of the sentiment base. Now glue the cardinals top right and bottom left of sentiment base, glue 1 extra duck to the bottom right and the other extra duck on top of scene duck. Add white and lavender Prills to the ground sections.
To finish the outside (front) of flaps: Stamp 2 sets of deer, Trout Lake, extra trees of Trout Lake, flowers, rock landscapes, die cut and color all with Copics. EdiFor the right side, glue the Trout Lake extra trees, deer, flowers (cut apart) and rock landscapes and 1 deer piecing together to look best. For the left flap, glue more extra trees, rock landscapes, flowers and 3 deer. Add Prills to the bottoms of both flaps. Glitter mountain ridges and lakes inside and out, glitter Happy Birthday panel. Tuck small tabs into the slots to close card, card stands while closed because of the bowed front.
- Elaborate Birthday Die HCD1-7322$29.99
- Elaborate Birthday Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3937$19.99
- Create a 'scape Backcountry Die HCD1-7267$29.99
- Create a 'scape Backcountry Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3893$19.99Discontinued)
- Create a 'scape Wilderness Die HCD1-7268$29.99
- Create a 'scape Wilderness Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3894$19.99
- Create a 'scape Trout Lake Die HCD1-7269$29.99
- Create a 'scape Trout Lake Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3895$19.99
- Create a 'scape Nature Die HCD1-7270$29.99
- Create a 'scape Nature Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3896$19.99
- Wilderness Retreat Paper Collection HCDP1-2108$24.99Discontinued)
- Woodsy Critters Die HCD1-7124$29.99
- Woodsy Critters Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3768$19.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 50 - White HCPP1-475$39.99
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black TSMP900$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99Out of stock
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Go Man Go Prills ANC818$5.99
- I Cannot Tell A Lilac Prills ANC822$5.99
- Minnie Pearls Prills ANC803$5.99