Adorable Mushroom Shaker
The easel shaker card is approximately 4 x 5”. Cut Flower Shaping paper to 4 1/2 x 10”, score and fold at 5”. Use large mushroom die to diecut the card base, being careful to leave the fold intact. Score shaped card front horizontally at roughly the halfway point and fold.
Stamp large mushroom using Sepia ink onto white cardstock twice and diecut exterior. Using scissors, trim off mushroom cap, you’ll need this later. Use the remaining stem portion of mushroom to diecut the windows and door. For the layered balcony window, you can diecut it from the full outlined mushroom as it will be hidden amongst the layers, if you’d rather stamp and diecut an additional balcony window you could also do that. Diecut an additional unstamped image from white cardstock for layering, then trim off the mushroom cap, discard the stem portion.
On single mushroom cap, use the smallest oval from HCD1-7157 Eyelet Oval & Basics Large to diecut an opening in center. Using same die, diecut this time on white cardstock, then from HCD1-7156 Eyelet Oval & Basics Small use the second smallest oval to diecut the center of previous oval, creating a small oval frame. Use the smallest decorative piece from HCD2-7384 Fancy Classic Rectangle Frame to diecut a decorative oval, then use the smallest oval from Eyelet Oval & Basics Large die to diecut the center. Apply glue onto hydra sponge and dab onto this decorative frame, sprinkle with Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear. Use the second smallest oval from the Eyelet Oval & Basics Small set to diecut onto clear cardstock and also onto coordinating paper from paper pad, ink edges of paper oval with Leaf Green and adhere on inside of card base.
Stamp a few more pieces from collection to embellish your card. Stamp the leafy vine from Large Mushroom Cottage set and vining sprig from Mushroom Cottage Accents using Leaf Green ink. Stamp two lightening bugs from same set using Majestic Violet ink. Diecut images with coordinating dies.
Color images using Stack and Store daubers and the following inks. Color the mushroom stem using Tea Rose ink, and the mushroom cap using Carnation Red ink, be sure to color all 3 layers of the mushroom cap as you’ll see the edges when layered. Also color the small oval frame with same ink. Use Sepia on the door and balcony window, and Sunflower and Manganese Blue on the windows and shutters. Use a combination of Vivid Chartreuse, Leaf Green, and Emerald ink on all the foliage and bottom of mushroom.
Use a Hydra Sponge to apply Crystal Lacquer onto leafy vine and the mushroom cap. When dry, use scissors to cut leafy vine in two pieces. Lightly shape images with Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit. Adhere main mushroom outline onto card front using Dries Clear Adhesive, only applying glue onto the bottom portion of score line. This will allow the easel card to be folded. Layer door and windows on mushroom stem using foam adhesive and Dries Clear Adhesive.
On unstamped mushroom cap, stamp sentiment using Vivid Chartreuse and Emerald ink, only apply ink to the “friend” portion of stamp. Clean stamp and this time ink “for my” using same ink colors, stamp on scrap paper, and fussy cut. Adhere small cut portion of leafy vine beside sentiment. Adhere clear cardstock oval on the backside of opening on stamped mushroom cap using Dries Clear Adhesive. To create the shaker element on easel card, apply foam strips on backside of oval opening ensuring there aren’t any open gaps between the foam, creating a barricade to contain the glitter. Carefully apply a small amount of Crystal Clear inside oval barricade and adhere onto unstamped mushroom cap so you can see the sentiment through the window. Adhere this shaker element onto card base, then use hot glue on sides of mushroom cap if desired.
Adhere remaining elements using assorted sizes of foam and Dries Clear Adhesive as shown being sure to leave a portion of the vining sprig loose to hold the card while in easel form. Finish with applying Dries Clear adhesive onto card as desired, apply Lichen glitter, tap off.
Other Products: White cardstock, diecutting machine, hot glue gun, scissors, foam adhesive, Lichen Glitter
- Mushroom Cottage Paper Collection HCDP1-2140$24.99
- Large Mushroom Cottage Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3989$19.99
- Large Mushroom Cottage Die HCD1-7407$29.99
- Mushroom Cottage Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3992$19.99
- Mushroom Cottage Accents Die HCD1-7410$29.99
- Fancy Classic Rectangle Frame Die HCD2-7384$34.99
- Eyelet Oval & Basics Small Die HCD1-7156$29.99
- Eyelet Oval & Basics Large Die HCD1-7157$29.99
- Just For You Sentiments Cling Stamp Set HCPC-3845$19.99
- Stack and Store Daubers-Pack of 30 HCDA2-450$44.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper Pack of 25 - White HCPP1-468$29.99
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sepia RACP505$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Vivid Chartreuse RACP531$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Leaf Green RACP436$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Emerald Green RACP447$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Carnation Red RACP399$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Tea Rose RACP663$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Sunflower RACP005$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Magenta Hue RACP614$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Majestic Violet RACP494$8.99
- Ranger Archival Ink Pad - Manganese Blue RACP454$8.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99
- 5pc. Acrylic Block Set SUAH05$18.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Hydra Sponges RLHS100$1.00
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Clear Cardstock 8.5 x 11 GBKK811B1$8.99
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer 4 oz 3D1844$6.99
- Double Dots 100pc. -3D Foam Circles DDOTS$4.99
- Adhesive Foam Strips - 72 Pieces GBWF18375$4.99