A Christmas Lantern
Card size is 5 x 7”. Score and fold 10 x 7” white cardstock at 5” on the long side to create card base. Cut Luxe Silver cardstock 2x at 4 7/8 x 6 7/8” and sheet 9B from the Festive Christmas Paper Collection 2x at 4 3/4 x 6 3/4”. Ink the edges of the designer papers with Real Red ink. Adhere one Luxe Silver piece and one designer paper to the card front using removable tape. Using the plain oval from the Simply Classic Oval Frame Die, cut an aperture in the card front. It will usually only cut through two of the layers but will leave a deep impression on the cardstock so you can remove the two mat layers, lay the die on the impression on the card base and run through the diecutting machine one more time. You will wind up with perfectly aligned layers to adhere permanently with dries clear adhesive. Adhere the second set of mat layers to the inside of the card. Using the third, fourth and fifth largest Simply Classic Oval Frame Dies, cut from white cardstock and Luxe Silver cardstock. Cut the corner pieces from the same set 2x each from white cardstock and 2x each from Luxe Silver cardstock. Sponge the white diecuts with dries clear adhesive and sprinkle with Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear adhesive. When dry, adhere to the silver diecuts slightly offset and adhere to the card front as shown using dimensional dots.
Stamp the image from the Christmas Lantern Cling Stamp set on heavy white cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and color using Stampin’ Blends Markers – Light and Dark Granny Apple green, Light and Dark Real Red, Light and Dark Smokey Slate, Dark Daffodil Delight and Light So Saffron. Diecut using the coordinating die. Diecut again from white cardstock and from Luxe Silver Cardstock. Adhere the white behind the white for stability, then adhere the silver slightly offset. Lightly shape using the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit and adhere to the card front over the aperture using hot glue.
Stamp the ‘Merry Christmas’ from the Christmas Holly Accents Cling Stamp Set on white cardstock using Real Red Ink and diecut using the coordinating die. Diecut again from white cardstock and adhere the layers together using dries clear adhesive. Adhere to the inside of the card so that it shows through the bottom of the opening.
Sponge the lantern and the sentiment with dries clear adhesive and sprinkle with Crystal Ultrafine Transparent glitter.
Other Products: Heavy White Cardstock, Diecutting Machine, Misti, Hot Glue Gun, Removable Tape Runner, Stampin’ Blends Markers - Light and Dark Granny Apple green, Light and Dark Real Red, Light and Dark Smokey Slate, Dark Daffodil Delight and Light So Saffron
- Festive Christmas Paper Collection HCDP1-2152$24.99
- Christmas Lantern Cling Stamp Set HCPC-31026$19.99
- Christmas Lantern Die HCD1-7462$29.99
- Christmas Holly Accents Cling Stamp Set HCPC-31028$19.99
- Christmas Holly Accents Die HCD1-7464$29.99Out of stock
- Simply Classic Oval Frame Die HCD2-7382$34.99Out of stock
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit HCST1-401$39.99Out of stock
- Luxe Silver Cardstock HCGP1-493$14.99
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive 159723$7.99
- Metal Tip for Adhesive Bottles 352854$3.99
- Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter 1/2 oz. 85-glitter$6.99
- Rajni Chawla's Crystal Clear PGM15015$12.99
- Scor-Pal Measuring & Scoring Board 173842$29.99
- Spellbinders Tool N' One 359848$14.99Out of stock
- Memento Dye Ink Pad - Tuxedo Black TSMP900$7.99