Stuck creatively? Join the November, 2022, Alumni Team Blog Hop and be inspired to create something beautiful today!
Hey friend how is your day going?
Looking for some crafty inspiration during this Thanksgiving holiday?
Did you know on the last Friday of every month we have a blog hop filled with beautiful inspiration from the Alumni Design team? Are you looking to jumpstart your creativity? If you feel stuck and want some ideas to get you started, you are in the perfect spot!
A heads up we are the last blog in the hop, so if you landed here from the hop make sure to scroll down to see the beautiful project from designer Ellen Miller and leave a comment for your chance to win a $25 gift certificate!
Join in this months hop for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate before 11:59pm EST Monday, Nov 28th, 2022, It's easy to join in on the fun! Here is how to play along... It starts right here on Kathy's blog post!
Click the link HERE to start.
Be inspired by the project you see.
Comment on the blog post you are on so you are entered for a chance to win.
Click the link to go to the next blog for more inspiration.
Comment on this blog post for another chance to win.
Repeat the process! The more blog posts you comment on the more chances you have to win!
A winner will be randomly chosen from all of the blogs in the hop and announced Wednesday, Nov 30th, 2022, Plus a winner will be drawn from the comments below! You can find out who is the winners are on our Facebook page and on our website! Have fun and good luck everyone!
Instructions so you can create this project too:
- Cut Deluxe Flower Shaping paper to 9 x 8 1/8" size, score and fold at 5 7/8" to create card base. Cut the top left of sheet 4A of the Friendship Rose Paper Collection to 7 15/16 x 5 3/4" size. Take a scissors and cut along the curve design of paper panel, cutting it into 2 separate sections. Attach the black with rose border panel onto the front fold of card and then trim the white paper to match curved edge. Sponge the edges of remaining pink panel with Magenta Hue ink and then layer the curved edge onto Luxe Gold cardstock. Trim down the gold edge to match curved edge of panel. Stamp the ‘Thinking of You’ and ‘Place in my Heart’ sentiment onto the left inside of card base. Ink the sentiments in Lighthouse ink, then Magenta Hue ink then stamp off onto scrap paper before stamping onto the inside of card. Now attach the pink curved panel onto inside right of card as shown.
- Stamp the budding heart from HCPC-31006 Budding Rose Heart Cling Stamp Set in Jet Black ink onto Deluxe Flower Shaping cardstock. Stamp two of the petite single stemmed rose in the same ink and same cardstock. Stamp the slender stemmed rose from HCPC-31005 Friendship Rose Heart Stamp Set in the same ink and cardstock. Diecut all the images with the coordinating dies. Diecut the HCD2-7430 Decorative Heart Die twice from Deluxe Flower Shaping cardstock. Use all the pieces together within the decorative heart die. Now diecut the decorative heart (outline only) from Luxe Gold cardstock. Diecut the decorative heart from Luxe Gold cardstock again, this time using only the inside 2 die pieces together to create the gold border heart. Diecut the same piece from burgundy paper sheet 6B from the paper collection. Cut another piece from the same paper with just the scalloped heart outline. Use the same die to diecut a small folded piece of white cardstock, keeping a bit of the left edge of die extended over the edge of paper. This creates a small heart fold card for the inside of card base.
- Layer the 2 large white hearts together for sturdiness. Sponge the inside edges of heart with Magenta Hue and Lighthouse ink. Attach small dimensional adhesive around the back outside edge and then layer onto large gold heart, offsetting the white heart from the gold a little bit. Attach this onto the front flap of card as shown. Layer the burgundy border heart onto the white one, offsetting a little bit. Then attach inside the large heart. Stamp the ‘Special place in my heart’ sentiment onto the small white heart and sponge the edges with Magenta Hue and Lighthouse ink. Attach the small heart onto center of large heart with dimensional adhesive, offsetting a little. Now attach the scalloped burgundy heart onto the front of small heart card. Stamp the same afore used sentiment onto the inside. Layer the white border heart onto the gold border heart, offsetting a little bit. Attach this onto the front of burgundy heart. Attach this small heart card onto the inside of card.
- Color the rose heart and stemmed roses using the Vivid Chartreuse and Leaf Green ink on the leaves and Pink Peony, Magenta Hue and a touch of Lighthouse on the roses. Use Pink Peony on the little sprays in between the buds. Use the Light Pink Zig marker along with the color blender to add some extra pop of color on the roses. Apply a thin film of Crystal Lacquer over the colored images. Use the shaping stylus from the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit to shape the images.
- Attach the roses onto the front and inside of card as shown. To add some more sparkle, apply the Dries Clear glue onto a yellow sponge, dab over card and sprinkle with Mustard glitter as desired.
TOP TIP: Learn more techniques with the Friendship Rose Collection in this video here: https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/video/elegant-friendship-rose-cards-made-ez
For even more inspiration you can see more projects from the design team with the Friendship Rose Collection here: https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/gallery/?collection=product-collections%2Ffriendship-rose
Become a Heartfelt Insider and SAVE 20% on all purchases, FREE U.S. shipping & FREE access to ALL online classes! Sign up today here https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/insider
Refer a friend: Give $20 to a friend.... and get a $20 store credit for your next order! Learn more now here: https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/refer-a-friend
We love to see what you create too, share your projects with us on our Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/HeartfeltCreations
Other Products: Art Institute Mustard Ultrafine Glitter, Hot Glue, Hot Glue Gun, Dimensional Adhesive, Funnel Tray, Scissors, Paper Trimmer, Diecutting Machine