Stuck creatively? Follow along with the Alumni Team blog hop and be inspired to create something beautiful today!
Hey friend how is your day going?
Did you know on the last Friday of every month we have a blog hop filled with beautiful inspiration from the Alumni Design team? Are you looking to jumpstart your creativity? If you feel stuck and want some ideas to get you started, you are in the perfect spot!
A heads up we are the last blog in the hop, so if you landed here from the hop make sure to scroll down to see the beautiful project from designer Uma Didwania and leave a comment for your chance to win a $25 gift certificate!
Join in this months hop for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate before 11:59pm EST Monday, May 2nd 2022, It's easy to join in on the fun! Here is how to play along... It starts right here on Kathy's blog post!
Click the link HERE to start.
Be inspired by the project you see.
Comment on the blog post you are on so you are entered for a chance to win.
Click the link to go to the next blog for more inspiration.
Comment on this blog post for another chance to win.
Repeat the process! The more blog posts you comment on the more chances you have to win!
A winner will be randomly chosen from all of the blogs in the hop and announced Wednesday, May 3rd 2022, Plus a winner will be drawn from the comments below! You can find out who is the winners are on our Facebook page and on our website! Have fun and good luck everyone!
Instructions so you can create this project too:
1. Ready side fold card measures 5.5"×7.5". First, choose a pattern paper from collection and cut a piece measuring 5.25"×7.25" and adhere it on the ready made card base. Choose another paper from the same collection and cut a piece measuring 5"×7" and adhere it on a piece of white cardstock which is 1/8 of an inch bigger from all four sides. Adhere second mat on card using dimensional tape.
2. Cut 2 oval frames from white cardstock and Luxe Gold cardstock using Simply Classic Oval Frames die and cut 2 decorative oval from white cardstock and Luxe Gold cardstock using Fancy Classic Oval Frames die. Glue diecuts and arrange them as card using foam strips as pictured. Cut an oval piece from white cardstock using die and stamp sentiment on it Glue it on card as pictured.
3. Stamp dragonfly image and floral images on watercolor paper using black archival. Paint images using zig markers and cut with coordinating dies. Apply Crystal Lacquer on dragonfly and leave it to dry.
4. Stamp Sweet Magnolia flower on Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper using cactus flower ink and cut with coordinating dies. Color flowers using same ink and shape using groove tool. Pierce the center of flower and add stamens. Layer flowers and create 2 flowers. Stamp leaves from Sweet Magnolia stamp set using leaf green ink and cut with coordinating die. Color using same ink and shape using shaping mold. Also stamp Holly Berry leaves using leaf green ink and cut with coordinating die.
5. Arrange flowers, leaves and other elements on card and glue them using hot glue. Glue dragonfly on card using foam dots as shown in the picture. Tie a bow using satin cord and glue it. For finished look apply Art Glitter Clear Dries adhesive on flowers and other elements and add crystal clear on it.
TOP TIP: Learn more techniques with the Decorative Dragonfly Collection in this video here: https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/video/how-to-create-backgrounds--decorative-dragonflies-the-ez-way
Become a Heartfelt Insider and SAVE 20% on all purchases, FREE U.S. shipping & FREE access to ALL online classes! Sign up today here https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/insider
Refer a friend: Give $20 to a friend.... and get a $20 store credit for your next order! Learn more now here: https://www.heartfeltcreations.us/refer-a-friend
We love to see what you create too, share your projects with us on our Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/HeartfeltCreations
Other Products: Smooth White Cardstock, Watercolor Paper, Satin Cord.