Crafting can be so relaxing and so therapeutic. That is what it does to me. I feel happy when I am crafting. Heartfelt Creations has most beautiful papers and stamps with coordinating dies to create wonderful projects. I love making cards and albums with these papers and accessories.
Today , I decided to try something new with my products. I am addicted to decoupage these days.
Those who do not know about this art, decoupage is an old art of adhering paper on any surface and then sealing it with varnish or a sealant. One can create a wide range of projects with the art of decoupage.
I have made a wall decor piece with a note pad holder. A versatile project that can be very user friendly and yet be used as a decorative piece.
Here is the step by step photo tutorial on making this project.
1) Gather all the things needed to create the project.
2) Apply two coats of white acrylic paint on the place mats.
3) Place the pattern paper on the placemats and cut out the portion you need.
4) Make an outline with pencil 4 mm inside the pattern paper on the placemats.
5) Apply brown acrylic paint on the part that does not have paper. (left)
6) Dry it very well. Apply Mod Podge crackle medium with sponge brush and leave for one hour. Do not apply a second coat. (right)
7) Apply a layer of White Acrylic paint mixed with green apple colour in the same direction. As the colour dries, the cracks begin to show. Apply in single layer.
Add some green colour on the outlined pencil area with a stencil brush giving a stippled look.
8) Apply a coat of mod podge on the back of the paper and also on the area where it will be stuck.
9) Paste very well so that no creases are there. Add paint with sponge or stencil brush as shown.
10) Apply another coat of mod podge and let it dry. Add brick wall texture using brick stencil and texture paste.
11) Make flowers using the Classic Rose Cling stamp and die and shade them with purple colour. Shape on flower shaping kit.
12) Make leaves using the leaf stamp and die.
13) Adhere the leaves and flowers on the project as shown. Add the Chipboard frame with photo. Stick the post it notes and add a pencil on side.
14) Colour seam binding ribbon with green colour and tie the two placemats as shown.
Crafty Stash Used
Other Products Used
Mod Podge glue-matte, Mod podge crackle medium, Folk art acrylic paint-brown, Folk art Acrylic paint-Green apple, White acrylic paint, Black texture paste
Archival inks-deep purple, Dandelion, Library green, olive. Artificial pollens, Wycinanka chip board, seam binding ribbon- Stencil brush, wide flat brush or sponge brush, Brick stencil, Post it note pad, pencil. 2 8”x8” blank MDF placemats
Hello, My name is Anita Kejriwal and I live in India. Crafting is a passion for me. I love creating and spreading my passion amongst my fellow crafters. My blog is my second home and every creation is very close to my heart.